Edge does not scroll on some websites during "read aloud"

Thread: Edge does not scroll on some websites during "read aloud"

Edge does not scroll on some websites during "read aloud"

I use the Read aloud for long news stories. It works on Google News articles but not on all websites. Like on other news articles unrelated to Google news it will read but it does not scroll when it is finished with the text. Normally when it gets to the bottom of what it's reading aloud another page will appear that it is still reading until it gets to the bottom of that page and one and one. Just checked CNN and ABC news and they do not scroll go to the next page.

I am going to experiment with other websites right to see what is going on. I do have some popup blocker extensions on though as well as a cookie banner.

Anyone had an issue with this?

Hassle!
    Last edited by jonnyb; April 7th, 2021 at 01:49 PM.
    Note: My questions may be to help others
    Thanks, JB

The new Edge uses the same basic code setup as Chrome. If it works OK in Chrome, then it may either be the Edge add-ons or something Microsoft has done to Edge.

Quote Originally Posted by jdc2000 View Post
    The new Edge uses the same basic code setup as Chrome. If it works OK in Chrome, then it may either be the Edge add-ons or something Microsoft has done to Edge.

I never got it to work in Chrome at all. I have not checked that in awhile because I only use Chrome on my tech or work computer. I will go check it again. I just use Edge now.
    Note: My questions may be to help others
    Thanks, JB

Thread Information