Sigaba Secure encryption - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sigaba Secure encryption

Hi, Pete!

I got your message. Sent reply this morning and once again got this bounce message:

Subject: Returned mail: User unknown
    Auto-Submitted: auto-generated (failure)

I used different addresses (mine) when I sent the earlier messages and still got bounce message.

The encrypted message could not be decrypted for some reason. Reliability problem?

j

Could be. I don't know what's going on with it - everything's apparently set correctly and working on my end.

Think we ought to drop this one and try something else?

HotCrypt? http://www.hotcrypt.dts.nl/ Pete

Yes. Time for a new approach. I'll install hotcrypt this evening and give it a go. Have you been using it??

j

D/l'ed but not installed yet (shareware). I'm going to give un-installing/re-installing Sigaba a shot first to see if that straightens it out.

I'll contact you via regular email from now on - we're just taking up space here. Pete
    Compaq Presario 7110US, 1.3GHz ThunderBird, 1GB RAM, 160GB HD, WinXP Pro w/SP2, TDS-3, WormGuard, Port Explorer v2.0, Process Guard v.3.150, The Cleaner Pro v.4.1 b.4252, TrojanHunter v.4.2 b.908, NOD32, XP ICF, ALL javacool programs, SBS&D, SPYCOP, Opera v.8.0 Build 7561, FireFox v1.0.4, ShadowUser v.2.5, SpyBlocker v8.7, RegDefend v1.300

Sure. Email is fine. Do you have alternate email address? I've not been successful reaching you at the NEW address.

j

Pete - contact me via web-based email. I keep getting bounced from your new email address (see below).

Sorry, I give up.

j

To: januszky@eudoramail.com
    Subject: failure notice

Hi. This is the mailer-daemon. I'm afraid I wasn't able to
    deliver your message to the following addresses. This is a
    permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

<spy1@comporium.net>:
    64.75.1.251 does not like recipient.
    Remote host said: 550 5.7.1 Blacklisted Domain - Delivery Blocked to Recipient: spy1@comporium.net

Giving up.

Pete - Received last message and Sigaba decrypted it w/o any problems. I sent you encryted messaga and one plain. Both returned with:

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
    <spy1@comporium.net>
    ----- Transcript of session follows -----
    ... while talking to comporium.net.infoave.mail1.psmtp.com.:
    >>> RCPT To:<spy1@comporium.net>
    <<< 550 5.7.1 Blacklisted Domain - Delivery Blocked to Recipient: spy1@comporium.net
    550 <spy1@comporium.net>... User unknown

You might check with your ISP ref their filtering service. Please give me web e-mail address so I can communicate.

j

janusz - I gave up on it. It doesn't do me any good if it just works correctly on MY end, so I just installed PGP and I'm trying to learn how to use it.

Bums me out, though - I really thought that Sigaba was going to work. Couldn't find anything out from my ISP about anything I might have had set wrong. Oh, well.

I don't have/use any web-based email, sorry. Pete

Thumbs up

Okay!!!!

I've been exchanging Sigaba encrypted email with others for a couple of days now with no glitches. I'm pleased that it works. I may look into PGP again, but I need to set up a dual boot (WinXP/Mandrake-Linux) on the new machine I recently assembled. Ultimately, I'd like to leave MS behind and this is going to be my learning box.

I have no idea why you were not able to receive my messages - several - from different domains. You may have discovered a WhiteHole, The Ultimate Filter, in which information gets out but none comes in? :-) Seriously, I wonder if others may have the same problem reaching you . . . but then you may never know.

Let me know it goes with PGP. Learning curve, etc.

Later, my friend!

j
    Last edited by janusz; June 15th, 2002 at 02:50 PM.

janusz - Let me know if you got my last email (and whether you could read it - I may have PGP'd it! even though I was just trying to 'Sign' it.

I may have deep-sixed your replies myself - I had two filters going in WebWasher that I had forgotten about.

Removed them. Pete
    Compaq Presario 7110US, 1.3GHz ThunderBird, 1GB RAM, 160GB HD, WinXP Pro w/SP2, TDS-3, WormGuard, Port Explorer v2.0, Process Guard v.3.150, The Cleaner Pro v.4.1 b.4252, TrojanHunter v.4.2 b.908, NOD32, XP ICF, ALL javacool programs, SBS&D, SPYCOP, Opera v.8.0 Build 7561, FireFox v1.0.4, ShadowUser v.2.5, SpyBlocker v8.7, RegDefend v1.300

Pete, all my email to you at the new address - either through my ISP or webmail - have been returned with "550 5.7.1 Blacklisted Domain - Delivery Blocked to Recipient."

j

Thread Information