task scheduler broken

Thread: task scheduler broken

task scheduler broken

i need some help with task scheduler. i want to have my virus scan run at 7pm everyday, but when i go to Start--Programs--accessories--system tools -- scheduled tasks, all that opens is my C: drive, not the task scheduler program. i can schedule a task for the virus scan in the AV program, and it opens task scheduler, but task scheduler doesn't start at the next boot, and therefore doesn't run the scan at 7pm. is there any way to fix it?

Hi there - don't know if this will help or if you've already seen it but here goes -

Troubleshooting Task Scheduler

If a task you schedule does not run when you expect it to, right-click the task, and then click Properties. On the Task tab, verify that the Enabled check box is selected. On the Schedule tab, verify that the schedule is set correctly.

If a task program does not run correctly, you may need to add command-line options. To find out more about a particular program and its command-line options, try one of the following:

If available, view the online Help for the program.
    At a command prompt, type the following: (where program is the name of the program)

program /?

Good luck

VP

sorry if i wasn't clear in my post, but I am unable to open the program task scheduler. it does not appear in my system tray either.

can anyone solve my problem??

Normally taskscheduler starts from one of the run commands in the registry but you can also get it to start on every boot by putting a shortcut to it (right click mstask.exe->create shortcut) into the startup file in start>programs>startup.

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

johnking -

i did everything you suggested, but scheduled tasks still opens my C: drive. i copied and pasted the long string you gave me, but it didn't work.

i ended up doing what fink suggested, and it works.

thanks for everyone's help.

Thread Information