[RESOLVED] Unsubscribing From Email Posts

Thread: [RESOLVED] Unsubscribing From Email Posts

Resolved [RESOLVED] Unsubscribing From Email Posts

I am getting all these email posts from Canada. I used to be able to go to the bottom of the email and there was a choice to unsubscribe. With the Canadian emails there is a line through the choice to unsubscribe and it won't unsubscribe. Is there a way to unsubscribe from these emails. I am getting over 100 a day.

Thanks

I use gmail and aol for different addresses/reasons and both of them are very good at automatically filtering spam and unwanted, unsolicited emails. I get up to 25 a day on my aol account alone and rarely does any get through to my Thunderbird email client on my PC. Thunderbird also has it's own built in filtering system and it usually gets any random spam that does happen to get through the gmail or aol email filters.

Unsubscribing is usually not an effective way to reduce spam because it actually just lets the spammers know they've got an active email address. That's probably why your email svc is blocking the unsubscribe option.

Best to just filter and delete so the am't of spam doesn't increase.

aol shows you what it's filtered out which is a handy thing to know but gmail doesn't. It just doesn't appear anywhere.

What email service are you using? And are you using a stand-alone client to read emails or just a browser?

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

I use comcast.

Do you use an email client program like Outlook or Thunderbird to access your email, or do you log in using a webmail page and a web browser like Chrome, Edge, or Firefox?

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

Thank you! The best.

Thread Information