Reading QR code

Thread: Reading QR code

Reading QR code

What ho one and all,

The background to my question is a little complex so will not bore you with it.

Suffice to say, I would like to check a name on a Covid Travel pass. The printed name on the form is not the same as the passport, but it may be correct within the QR code.

I loaded the QR into an on-line reader and all I receive is an alpha-numeric result.

Is there a way to read the QR code in plain English?

Thanks and toodle pip

You can purchase readers.
    You can download them for your pc.
    You can download them for your phone. The built in camera will use the software.

Which on-line reader did you use? Post the url or link.

Test the on-line reader with a QR code that you know the text for. See what you get back.

Note that if the data in the QR code is encrypted or meant for use only with the database that created the QR code, you may not get back the unencrypted or unencoded data.

I tried a couple of readers that are at the top of a Google search list (https://products.aspose.app/barcode/...qr#/recognized) and they al gave the same result as not readable in plain text.

Given that the QR is from the NHS with Covid vaccination details, there is s good chance it is encoded.

My wife managed to speak with someone and with luck, today, we will learn if the data has been corrected.

Thread Information