Windows 11 Pro blue screen issue
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windows 11 Pro blue screen issue

Windows 11 Pro blue screen issue

Good day all,
    I’ve been having an issue with my computer over the last couple of weeks. My computer goes to the blue screen indicating it has a problem and immediately boots to the bios. When I exit out of bios, the computer boots back into bios. The only way to boot back into windows is for me to turn the computer off and then back on.
    I’ve attached a photo of what appeared this morning when it occurred again.

Anyone have any ideas what it is showing?

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images

That screen capture is just the BIOS main screen, so it is not very useful in determining why this is occurring.

Can you see what the Windows Blue Screen message is before it disappears? That would be more helpful.

Also, BlueScreenView from NirSoft should be able to to give you information on the blue screen that would be helpful. Post any information you can find here for analysis.

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html

A bad BIOS battery might cause this, but we would need to know what the warning message(s) say to know that.

Will try this and report back.

It happened again this morning. Tried uploading picture, but receiving error message on upload.

The blue screen is reporting UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION and showing 0%.

Note: All drivers are up to date as well as windows updates.

Thanks for the help.

That error is usually caused by a hardware issue of some sort.

Possibly useful link:

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/unexpe...ption-windows/

When uploading images, click the Go Advanced button and then make sure that you have a .jpg image that is not too large.

Performed all as indicated. Waiting to see if it's fixed. Thanks

Good day all,

My computer went into blue screen again. This time a different error then before (CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED). See attached picture.

Thanks for any help in advance.IMG_4551.jpg

Performed details provided above.

Scannow for issues and fixed.

Dism scans were all normal.

I will report back if it continues.

Thanks.

Well I thought it was fixed because it was doing fine, but I got another blue screen again. See attachment.

Thanks.IMG_4581.jpg

That latest error is often a driver issue. Unfortunately, Windows 11 drivers can be problematic.

A link:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...2-976f299e807e

Note that you have already tried most of the standard fix procedures. Check for updated drivers for Windows 11.

Did this computer always have Windows 11 installed, or was Windows 11 an "upgrade"? If it was an "upgrade" from Windows 10, you may want to consider re-installing Windows 10.

One other way to check for potential hardware issues would be to create a bootable Linux USB flash drive or DVD and run your system using that for a while to see if you still get strange errors or lockups. Linux does not have the Windows "blue screen", but if there are hardware issues you will get similar error messages.

jdc2000,

I ran all of the links provided and nothing was found. I did however find that I needed to update Windows 11 and did so.

This was a Windows 10 home machine, but a year after purchasing it, the HD was wiped and formatted with a fresh install of Windows 11 Pro. All was fine until this issue started.

Thanks.

We still cannot be sure if it is a hardware issue or a Windows 11 drivers issue. How long will the computer run before it blue screens? All day, several days, a few hours, etc.

You could also try running memory and hard drive diagnostic tests, but those might not find anything. If it generally blue screens after 48 hours or less of continuous operation, running a live Linux system from a bootable USB flash drive might help to pinpoint either software or hardware as a cause.

JDC2000,

I did run the diagnostics and nothing was found. There is no system to when the screen appears, could be a day or a couple of weeks.

I'm going to create a live Linux bootable USB drive, but what do I do after booting into it?

Thanks.

You other option is to start replacing hardware - starting with the Ram chips.
    If you're happy and you know it......it's your meds.

Thread Information