Impediment to log in.

Thread: Impediment to log in.

Impediment to log in.

I need to log in to an account to use a service of e-commerce; but when I get to the login page I can't write into the text box that has to be filled as part of the login procedure. I suspect this is due to the fact that my browser is a bit out of date (I'm using a Firefox version released in 2015, but for the time being I can't update the browser).
    I enclose a screenshot of the login page that produces the impediment. The image also includes the console content for that page.
    Then: Could somebody analyze the console content in order to find out why I can't write into the text box shown in the image, and if there is any way to elude the impediment without having to update the browser?

I don't think you will be able to get your current version of Firefox to work with that web site. What operating system and/or device is this on? If there is a different web browser already installed, you could try it instead. Or, you could download run (not install) a more recent portable version of Firefox.

Quote Originally Posted by jdc2000 View Post
    I don't think you will be able to get your current version of Firefox to work with that web site. What operating system and/or device is this on? If there is a different web browser already installed, you could try it instead. Or, you could download run (not install) a more recent portable version of Firefox.
    Did you get to analyze the console content included in the PNG image I posted, so as to determine if there is some other problem different to a browser out of date? Because the fact that I can't write into the text box, might be due to some other reason that has nothing to do with the browser. But in case it is really a browser out of date problem: Is there any patch or something in the web, that can allow me to log in using my actual browser?

There is not much to analyze on that screen capture. We cannot see the actual code that is producing the error messages, so we cannot tell if it is a code issue or not.

What operating system and/or device are you using for this? Firefox might be a standard browser for various Linux distributions, but Windows, Apple systems, or Android phones would likely have something else available.

There is not much to analyze on that screen capture. We cannot see the actual code that is producing the error messages, so we cannot tell if it is a code issue or not.

What operating system and/or device are you using for this? Firefox might be a standard browser for various Linux distributions, but Windows, Apple systems, or Android phones would likely have something else available.
    The OS I use is Ubuntu 15.10, which is the 2015 release of Ubuntu Linux for a 32bit machine. Unfortunately, by the time being I can't upgrade the OS; and because the OS is not supported any more since 2016, I can't update the browser that runs in it. Then, again: Is there any patch or something in the web, that can allow me to elude the login impediment I have using my actual browser?

There are still some options if you do not want to upgrade Ubuntu at this time.

You could install a VM (Virtual Machine) that uses a later version of Ubuntu, and then use that to access the web site.

https://www.unixmen.com/install-orac...adless-server/

Or, you could create a bootable disc or flash drive with a later version of Linux that has a newer version of Firefox on it.

https://www.tecmint.com/create-boota...untu-usb-disk/

https://linuxconfig.org/create-boota...b-startup-disk

https://fossbytes.com/create-bootabl...om-iso-ubuntu/

Have you tried to install Chrome (or Chromium) for Ubuntu 15.10? That might also solve your issue.

https://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2015/10/...g-ubuntu-15-10

Have you tried to install Chrome (or Chromium) for Ubuntu 15.10? That might also solve your issue.

https://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2015/10/...g-ubuntu-15-10
    Is it an updated version of Chromium that can still be installed in Ubuntu 15.10? Could you please give me the link from where to download the Chromium you are referring to? Because at the link you gave me in your latest post, I couldn't find anything suitable; and I've been searching the web over the last two weeks and I couldn't find anything either.

Possibly useful link:

http://ftp.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ubuntu/...176.1629529613

There should be a version that you can install. Whether it will work with your problem web site is unknown until you try.

This is a complementary reply to what I have already answered (quoted above) on March 20th, 2023, 07:21 PM; but this time I enclose a new screenshot which contains the code of the login page that presents a text-box that does not allow me to write into it. I remind you what I had answered on that occasion about the OS I use:
    "The OS I use is Ubuntu 15.10, which is the 2015 release of Ubuntu Linux for a 32bit machine. Unfortunately, by the time being I can't upgrade the OS; and because the OS is not supported any more since 2016, I can't update the browser that runs in it."
    Then: Could you please analyze the text-box code that appears in the screenshot that follows, to make me know if there is any way to eliminate the impediment that does not allow me to write into the text-box?

Follows the screenshot:

Login page code of the text-box.png
    Last edited by SebastiánBenito; May 28th, 2023 at 07:38 PM.

On the top part of your lower screen capture section, there is a span.andes-button__content part that may have what you are looking for. However, that still does not mean that you would actually be able to change anything that would allow you to log in. If you are wanting to log in to a modern web site that uses modern security, you are going to need to use a device that can run and IS running modern software. Any tricks that hackers know, the web site and web browser designers know also and try to protect against.

Thread Information