Where are my downloads?

Thread: Where are my downloads?

Where are my downloads?

What ho one and all

Guess my question could be in the W7 or Multimedia forums but............

Found an interesting short video which I was unable to download with the various W7 / Firefox download options. So copied the link into an on-line, 'Download Video' link and hit the Save / Download button.

Usually, I save downloads to a folder on partition P and the option appears to Save to this location. This time, nothing, just the site download progress bar until it was complete and a Completed message appeared.

Now I cannot find the mp4 files. I have used Search Everything to look for *.mp4; I have tried the W7 Search for the date and also mp4; I have looked in Users/MyName/Downloads. Nothing, nada, zilch. Seems I may not have actually saved the file but perhaps I have?

Where else can I look?

Thanks and toodle pip

What software or site did you use to download the video? What web browser were you using when accessing the site? Did the web site require creating a user account in order to download the video?

If you used Firefox browser open it and hit CTRL - J keys for the recent download folder.
    FWIW same with Chrome browser.

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

Thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately, i have Firefox set to delete all listing when I close, so the recent Download folder is empty. But of course, it may never have actually downloaded.

Don't recall the download site nor the video link. Just a video I found while searching for a fix to a car issue, and thought it would be useful to keep. Copied the URL inot one of the on-line download sites (again, just selected the one the worked!) and it seems to be OK until I cannot find the video.
    Using a old ERS version of Firefox that does not ahve any problems with saving anything (until now!) Web stie did not ask for any log-on details, just paste the UR and hit Download.

I have not had this issue with past downloads that my FF will not allow so don't know what is different this time.

Not a big deal as I will search and find the video again.

Thread Information