GPU around $150-$200

Thread: GPU around $150-$200

GPU around $150-$200

Good to see that the VirtualDr community is still alive and kicking. I have been a member since year 2000.

I am building a new PC and I have everything down except for GPU. I am **NOT** a gamer but I do a lot of graphic design work using Adobe PS and Adobe Illustrator. I still the following card that you guys helped me back back 2016, even though I have done two more builds since then for personal use.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/R6h...rd-02gp43747kr

This card has never failed me and it works fine to date

Now creating the new build in the next few days, I need to decide one of the following options - considering I am not a gamer.

1. Stick with the same card in the new build
    2. Get a new card that's not 24 generations behind, is not too expensive and still a decent card
    3. Use the integrated graphics on the motherboard.

The new build involves getting new CPU (i5 12400), new MB, new memory (64GB) and possibly new GPU, unless you guys think I can do away with the card I have. All the rest of the parts, I will reuse from my current build. The PS is brand new from mew months ago, the case is rock solid, the HDDs are healthy with primary one being SSD. If I do get a new GPU, I don't want to pay arm and leg for it especially if I don't need an expensive one.

Much appreciated!!

I would go here and read away-> https://www.tomshardware.com/topics/gpus

I'd scroll down a little and look in the -> Graphics Cards Ranked by Value, January 2023 (section)

If you're happy and you know it......it's your meds.

Also, check NewEgg.com for reviews and sale items. You might be able to get a deal on something.

Make sure that any new card has the proper connectors for your monitor(s), or that you have the needed converters.

Quote Originally Posted by jdc2000 View Post
    Also, check NewEgg.com for reviews and sale items. You might be able to get a deal on something.

Make sure that any new card has the proper connectors for your monitor(s), or that you have the needed converters.
    I have two old 27" 1440 monitors that can only take dvi or s-video which none of the modern cards I have seen support. So I know I will have to get dvi-to-hdmi converter.
    Last edited by masif2001; January 25th, 2023 at 04:55 PM.

Thread Information