VPN doesn't work

Thread: VPN doesn't work

VPN doesn't work

Hello everyone!
    I have recently started working from home. I connect to work programs through a VPN. We use OpenVPN. But I can't do it, the VPN doesn't work. Could you please tell me what could be the reason? I'm not very good at this, but maybe the problem is in my settings, if you can help me, I'll be happy.

Questions:

Are you using a computer supplied by your employer to connect through the VPN?

Did your employer's IT personnel set up the VPN software on the computer in question?

What, if any, error messages are you getting when you try to connect to your work programs using the VPN?

Note that is possible that even with the correct VPN software setup and settings by your company's IT personnel, your ISP may be blocking the connection or otherwise causing problems.

Hello! Could you clarify if you are receiving any error? Or at what stage is the connection interrupted? This will make it easier to advise something that will help in your situation!
    In general, there may be several reasons. The first thing you should do is check your internet connection. Your device needs to be connected to a reliable Internet connection for your VPN to run properly. It is also important that you keep your VPN software up to date to eliminate bugs and security risks.
    Also, the reason may be in your router's settings - you need to allow VPN ports, protocols, and passthrough. How to do this is described in detail here https://www.helpwire.app/blog/vpn-is...ing-from-home/
    Also, your firewall may be blocking your VPN from running.
    To confirm this, you can temporarily turn off your Firewall and see if your connections are fixed.

Thread Information