Is My PC Spec Good Or Bad ?

Thread: Is My PC Spec Good Or Bad ?

Is My PC Spec Good Or Bad ?

Hello People,

I am not much oif a techie guy.
    Currently in Bangladesh in the Indian Sub-continent.
    I got fed-up of using laptops for about a dacade now and so reverted back to pc.
    PCs in UK last 5 years with no hardware issues but here in Bangladesh you are lucky if a part does not fail after 12 months. So bought this pc as parts and got the pc parts retailer to to assemble it. But after 1 yr the power supply died. So went to another shop and had it replaced.
    Issue is, the new part died about the 3mnths later.
    So, got fedup of the BD pc and now started using the old 2015 UK laptop for about 6mnths now.
    However, need to get the pc working again as this laptop is 2 yrs out of date now and might die on me anytime as UK laptops have 5yrs guarantee and this one is 7.5yrs old now.
    If this laptop was bought here in Asia I know it wuld have long died on me before the 5yrs was over as cheap price and low quality Chinese goods dominate the Asian markets.
    Anyway, this is my Asian or BD (Bangladesh) pc spec. I need your advice which power supply to buy (spec) so it lasts atleast 12months and not a lousy 3 month or even worst 1 month!

PROCESSOR: INTEL CORE 13 3RD GEN
    S/N: #1635

MOTHERBOARD: GIGABYTE INTEL CHIPSET H61M-DS2
    S/N: #184540016033

RAM: ATA DDR3-4GB
    S/N: #213900264632

STORAGE: TEAM 120GB SSD SATA
    S/N: #AA2319310519
    WARRANTY 1 YEAR

MONITOR: DELL E1916HV DISPLAY 18.5"
    S/N: #AA2319310519
    WARRANTY 3 YEAR

MOUSE: LOGITECH B-100

KEYBOARD: LOGITECH K120

CASING & PSU: SPACE D-096

HARD DISK WESTERN DIGITAL (WD)
    WARRANTY 1 YEAR
    S/N: #WXDIAA0M2326

UPS: SANTAK R60
    S/N: #190408-87430065

Can someone tell me if the parts specs are good or bad or ok ?
    I bought all these back in Christmas 2020. Was the spec good for that year ?
    For some reason the parts, especially the monitor feels like light-weight and toyish. You know how Chiinese goods feel. Cheap and light weight. Toyish feeling which do not last long, unlike 80's Japanese hardwares and parts (electronics) which were heavy and good quality, lasting over 5 years.
    In Europe hardwares and parts (electronics) feel heavy and good quality lasting atleast 5 yrs. Hence I had no problems with my PCs and laptops in UK, ever throughout their 5 yrs guarantees periods. No parts ever needed replacing. The PCs & laptops lasted well over 5 yrs!
    Nevertheless, the UK PCs and laptops are not that much high tech quality like the Japanase electronics hardwares & parts as USA been suppliying the European markets since the 90's (ever since Japan started losing the global market as the dominator) and USA hardwares (electronics) are not that solid (good quality) like the Japanese were. But whatever. They are better than these Chinese light weight products. Chinese products flood the Asian markets and you have guessed it the Chinese products are a real light weight, crap quality mightmare and a total disgrace. Parts come with only 1 year warranty and most die within or just after 3 months and need fixing or replacing! Forget about them lasting 1 year!
    Very different from the PCs I bought in UK. Hardwares there felt like real stuffs. Not toys.
    This crap of a pc, which I bought here (yes in BD), for the first time in my life in 2020, is starting to be a headache. Hance, asking you experienced folks all these questions on my spec. The Dhaka shop said it was not Chinese parts as they are bad quality and last very low time. I can't remember if he said the parts were from Taiwan or what. I think he said Taiwan or maybe he said Korea. Cannot remember fully.

I'd consider it a good pc. Technically you are the only person that can rate it and determine if it meets your needs or not.

GIGABYTE is one of the top mobo's.... It has an I3 cpu which is a lot better then many... I believe you could upgrade to an I5 or I7... I wouldn't upgrade and have a good cpu sitting around.

You only have 4 gig of Memory - I would at least double that.

You have two hard drives.... The SSD drive is probably the main drive.
    If you're happy and you know it......it's your meds.

I would also recommend adding another 4 GB of memory. It will make a noticeable difference.

Thread Information