[RESOLVED] Trouble Switching Out of S Mode in Windows 11

Thread: [RESOLVED] Trouble Switching Out of S Mode in Windows 11

Resolved [RESOLVED] Trouble Switching Out of S Mode in Windows 11

Just got a new Lenovo IdeaPad laptop with windows 11 Home and want to switch out of S mode. M$ instructions say go to activation in settings, find the 'switch to Windows 11 Pro' section, and then select 'Go to the Store' link.

But DON'T select the link under a heading that says 'Upgrade your edition of windows'.

Well, on my laptop, there is no part that says 'switch to Windows 11 Pro' section, with a 'Go to the Store' link. The only store link is the one I'm not supposed to click, the one to upgrade to Pro for $99 (that is where it took me).

Unhappy

Just got a new Lenovo IdeaPad laptop with windows 11 Home and want to switch out of S mode. M$ instructions say go to activation in settings, find the 'switch to Windows 11 Pro' section, and then select 'Go to the Store' link.

But DON'T select the link under a heading that says 'Upgrade your edition of windows'.

Well, on my laptop, there is no part that says 'switch to Windows 11 Pro' section, with a 'Go to the Store' link. The only store link is the one I'm not supposed to click, the one to upgrade to Pro for $99 (that is where it took me).[/QUOTE]

Part 2 - Sorry, but I was led astray by the vendor. It said the laptop would arrive in S mode. I just looked up how to be sure it was actually in S mode, by looking in settings, and apparently it is not. Settings just says Windows 11 Home, no mention of S.

Doh!!

Not sure if I should hide my embarrassment by trying to delete this post altogether, or leave it up as a cautionary tale for others' benefit.

Thread Information