Add RAM to Lenovo Laptop

Thread: Add RAM to Lenovo Laptop

Question Add RAM to Lenovo Laptop

Today, I ordered a Lenovo IdeaPad 3i (15" Intel) Abyss Blue Laptop with a 12th Generation Intel® Core™ i5-1235U Processor and 8 GB DDR4-3200MHz (Soldered) memory. For the specs, the price was pretty good and I have been very, very happy with my Lenovo desktop PC purchased 6 years ago.

Part Number: 82RK001CUS

I am wondering if I can add another memory chip to it, and if so, what kind of memory? The Lenovo website doesn't say if the soldered-in memory is UDIMM, SODIMM, etc. I am assuming it would be best or even mandatory to match what is already soldered into the system?

Sorry, but I don't have any other model number at this time.

If I knew the answer, the memory upgrade would be the one thing I would want to put on my Christmas wish list.

Thank you all in advance.

Have a look here for memory upgrade details...

https://www.crucial.com/upgrades/lenovo/ideapad

if you don't have more specific info on the exact model number they can also
    scan the computer for you.

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

I went to the website you posted, but could not narrow it down enough with the data I have.

It looks like I will have to wait until I have the product in-hand and can look on the bottom for the actual model number or let the vendor scan my device.

Waiting is so hard sometimes.

Thanks for your help!!

You're welcome , specifics on how to add memory for the model laptop you have may be a bit different but I'd expect it would be close to the method shown here just to give you an idea what to do.. adding memory starts at 7:45.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grAKdWsq6vY

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

Yes, I think you are right. I was looking at a few YouTube videos on the topic, but I think the one you give is a bit more on-point, since it shows a system with the out-of-the-box RAM soldered in, with an additional slot for upgrade. Thanks again.

I'm looking forward to my first time doing anything internal on a laptop. I built PCs back in the Windows XP era, but have never done anything in a laptop beyond replacing a battery. That was a Dell and ridiculously easy.

So I'll just get out my 8-inch Ninja Chef knife and be ready to open the back of my new Lenovo. Just kidding. I'll use a proper plastic tool.

Thread Information