Adding more RAM to HP laptop? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Adding more RAM to HP laptop?

You can go to YouTube for help on installing ram.

Lisa2K:

Let me chime in here for a moment please.

I had to replace the internal fan in my HP laptop a few months back. I am honestly all big thumbs when it comes to delicate and technical things like attempting to replace the internal fan. I really hesitated at first but I bit the bullet and bought myself a PC/Laptop/Cell phone repair kit/Tool set like this one - only about $20.00 on Amazon. I bought the fan using the part number I got off of the HP site according to my model number on my HP laptop and I made sure I had another laptop (which I borrowed from a friend) so I was able to watch the video showing how to replace the fan while I was actually opening the laptop and replacing the fan. I watched the video a few times before I got brave enough to do it but found a quiet moment, spread out a nice large white towel so I did not lose the parts/screws and went step by step and successed the very first time and replaced the internal fan.

I am by no means a tech person. I am 67 and I have the shakes because of health issues but I was still able to do it. I actually had the help of these wonderful members of the forum here who helped me figure out what fan to orders etc.

You will be surprised how easy it really is to replace your 4gig with 8gig and you will be proud of yourself at the end.

Good luck if you decide to try. I would if I were you.

Install new memory
    Shut the computer down and disconnect the power cord.
    Turn the notebook over and place it on a firm surface.
    Remove the battery.
    Locate the memory module compartment cover, and then use a Phillips screwdriver to open it.
    Before touching the memory, ground yourself to discharge any static electricity.

Thread Information