[RESOLVED] WHAT'S WITH GOOGLE CHROME??

Thread: [RESOLVED] WHAT'S WITH GOOGLE CHROME??

Resolved [RESOLVED] WHAT'S WITH GOOGLE CHROME??

Lately, I have been having to sign in every time I bring up Chrome. In checking the internet, I see many others complaining also. The main reason I like Chrome is that the microphone usage is excellent. Is there a fix for this situation or do I need to seek a different browser? It would have to have good microphone availability. Thanks for any advice...........
    Where there's a will, there's a way

Only a guess but I bet it's a cookie/browser security issue. Try setting Chrome up to keep all cookies and not clear them when you close it and see if that makes a difference. Also, if you're using ad blockers or other browser/security addons see if they're deleting or blocking cookies and/or saved login data as well.

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

Thanks fink; I'll give it a try

Yesterday I thought "I" killed all the passwords that Chrome stores for me. AND, I still do think I did the deed since I had ran a malware killer for the first time....

There are tons of articles on how to import/export your passwords etc.... BUT, as I was putting many passwords in one at a time, I added the password for gmail.... AND BOOM, since I had the sync function enabled - it added all of the remained of passwords back in.

REMINDER TO SELF - Continue to NOT let Chrome remember some really important passwords.
    If you're happy and you know it......it's your meds.

I don't know what the heck is going on. If it aint one thing ,its another. If I remove Google (chrome) from the task bar & use google icon on the desktop, all is well, mike & everything.
    But if I drag the Google icon to the taskbar, it's an entirely different page showing only the URL search bar, with a small icon, purple in color with a y! at the far left. I deleted & reinstalled Google & get the same results. What would be in the taskbar that would screw things up?

I can't recreate the second issue... Does it look like a New-Second tab was opened? If so, you might need to play around with the Settings-> Appearance.

Post a screen capture of what you see when you start Chrome using the Taskbar icon.

I also can't duplicate that behavior. I have a simple google search window tab always pinned on my Chrome browser so if I close the other tabs when I'm finished with them the browser doesn't shut down. It always remains the same whether I load from the taskbar or from my desktop icon.

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

purple in color with a y! at the far left.
    That sounds like Yahoo search.

Did you try pinning Google Chrome to the Taskbar instead of dragging the icon?
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...a-7fd635df6bb0

Please let us know which version of Windows you are running.

Midknyte, I believe you are right. I think that tiny y! does represent Yahoo. I haven't the foggiest idea how it got there. Strange as it may seem, there is no option to pin Google it to the task bar. I can however, drag it to the URL bar & it will change it to what its supposed to be. But when it is the task bar, & I click on it, goes back to that y! . But if I right click on the icon (inthe task bar), it give me an option to click on a google that loads ok. Is there a way to reset that task bar & its components or find out if maybe Yahoo is hidden somewhere? I guess I could go to the reg. & do a Yahoo delete & see if that might fix the issue.....

I FOUND THE PROBLEM! I did a quick query on the web & found several others with the same problem. One said he fixed it by going to google setting, brousers, checked google for browsers & viola, it resolved the issue. It was right under my nose all the time. Dang!! Guess I can blame it on old age.lol. Thanks all, for all the input..

Thread Information