[RESOLVED] Bootmgr is missing.

Thread: [RESOLVED] Bootmgr is missing.

Resolved [RESOLVED] Bootmgr is missing.

Ok, I bought a used Dell Optiplex 9020 with no HD. So I formatted one of my own by formatting it with Windows. When I try to install a new copy of Win7, I get the "Bootmgr is missing" error. I'm taking a wild guess here and think that the format wiped out the bootmgr also. Am I close? Is there a way that I can copy bootmgr files back on to my HD? Am I mad or am I on the road to recovery? Any and all help is greatly, and I mean greatly appreciated. I may look new, but I've been around since Sysopt was up and running.

It sounds like you are booting to the HD instead of the Win7 DVD/USB. Check the boot order in your BIOS. Or press F2 or F12 to get the boot menu (those are the typical keys for a Dell).

This also assumes that you have a working Win7 DVD/USB.

You don't need to format the drive before installing Windows. You can do that during the installation process.

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-clea...dows-7-2624917

Well I can only get as far as the installation before I get the error, '' Windows cannot install required files. The file may be corrupt or missing. Make sure all files required for installation are available and restart the installation. Error code:0x80070017". I'm using a new Win7 cd so I'm lost as to what to do now.

You were right, bad HD. Everything is good now, which makes my life stress free. Thanks everyone.

Thread Information