Amazon Firestick audio output

Thread: Amazon Firestick audio output

Amazon Firestick audio output

I just bought one of these.. the 4K version. It does everything it's supposed to but the audio output is incredibly hot. So much so that compared to all other devices I use to hook into my TVs like a set top box, a computer, or whatever the volume on the television needs to be turned drastically down. On my RCA TV from around a usual 25 to 5. Same on a Samsung TV I occasionally use.

I've searched google for days and found it's a very common complaint but the only solution offered by anyone including Firestick employees themselves is to turn down the TV. DUH! Perhaps worth noting is that this is a problem with all versions of the stick.

It's a jarring pain in the butt to go from watching TV using say my computer and switching to the Firestick and then if I forget to manually turn down down the TV's volume control have it blast my head off when the Firestick starts up. Very inconvenient for someone like me who does a lot of channel hopping esp on Sundays watching various football games.

I guess the basic problem is that there's no way to get into the internal OS of a Firestick to make adjustments. I'd have thought someone would have made an app for it but I've found only one that allows you to use your android phone to control the volume of the Firestick but a) I already have way too many remote devices to use to watch TV and b) I don't need yet another battery drain on my phone.

https://www.reddit.com/r/firetvstick...ontrol_volume/

In any case it controls the remote TV volume parameter on the Firestick and not it's own actual volume output which remains constantly high so it's a less than half-assed way of doing this anyway because you'd still need to adjust the TV volume up or down when switching input devices.

Suggestions? TIA

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

I don't have that issue with my Roku TV...

However, the darn Firestick is so big, I can only use one of the HDMI ports at a time. Have to unplug it to plug in my DVD player.

Yeah, I had to get a HDMI extension cable to be able to fit it in.

That is another thing that seems to be a common complaint about these Firesticks.. they don't fit in the space provided on many TVs. After this am't of time you'd have thought that they could manufacture the unit with a flexible 6 inch cable connector rather than the jack attached to the hard plastic. That would also make it a bit safer from breaking the jack on the TV it it gets accidentally knocked esp if you have kids or a nosy pet.

The one on Amazon that JDC linked to above is a 5.5-inch extension.

Sorry...didn't mean to hijack the thread.... and THANKS for the info....

Some day when you get me all liquored up, remind me to tell you about the $23 HDMI to AV and S-Video Converter HDMI to Audio Video Converter HDMI to RCA Adapter with Svideo Cable that I bought to try and get my older DVD player to hook up......

Next - FINK, the following is what works on my TV... Maybe you have a similar setting???

How to Enable Automatic Volume Levelling Feature on Roku

https://forums.tomsguide.com/faq/how...20the%20volume.

Yes, the Firestick has an Automatic Volume Leveling option but it only evens out the loud volumes between various stations, advertisements and apps, it doesn't really make the audio output noticeably quieter overall.

There's also an option that claims to enhance speech but it doesn't seem to do all that much. It supposedly lowers background sounds, music etc and leaves speech alone but if it does it's very subtle.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R Jones View Post
    Sorry...didn't mean to hijack the thread.... and THANKS for the info....
    No problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R Jones View Post
    Some day when you get me all liquored up, remind me to tell you about the $23 HDMI to AV and S-Video Converter HDMI to Audio Video Converter HDMI to RCA Adapter with Svideo Cable that I bought to try and get my older DVD player to hook up......
    <sheesh> Don't know if I can remember all of that. Would you mind if we call it your $23 converter?

As far as getting liquored up, will Glenlivet okay? (Loved the stuff for years).
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information