Pickleball !!!

Thread: Pickleball !!!

Pickleball !!!

I took a one hour lesson yesterday... Was the first time for everything. Had never held a paddle or ball etc.

It is a good bit different than what I thought.... Darn ball doesn't bounce no where near as much as you think it will.

The biggest mistake I made was eating a rather large lunch two hours before class... I made it through the class... but almost died when I played around with one of the students after class.

Am going shopping for "Court" aka tennis shoes today... Going to wait a bit on getting a paddle(s). They come in three favors - GOOD/BETTER/BEST. You can spend as little as 20 bucks for a pair of paddles or 250 bucks for one. I know enough to not get a top of the line paddle until I seriously invested in playing.

SIDE NOTE: The City I live in has three indoor/outdoor Rec Centers. One annual fee gets you into all of them for $10.00 a year membership. BUT, if you happen to live in a unincorporated section of town like I do, the annual fee is $36.50 .

I also just found out my mail in ballot is different from "regular" residents. Can't wait to see what else is different... I've lived here for 19 months now and am just now finding some of these things out... so it can't be all that bad.

Way to go man. Looks like great exercise.

(Wonder if they'd let me use my cane on the court? )

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

Thread Information