login problems

Thread: login problems

trvlr2k2 Guest

login problems

I have a user name here from way back when, but haven't logged in here for a long time. I requested a password reset etc. and received emails to my hotmail account for that user name/account with both my other user name anda password - the latter to use in order to login and then change to a new password.

Each time I try this route (and I have several times now) it rejects the password as invalid... My old/other user name is LM-S.

Why does this happen?

I would like to use my old account as there are posts various I made which have useful (to me at least) info.

Hopefully admin can/will explain and resolve it all so I can re-activate my old account - please.

Cheers.

Someday you'll have to explain why the old user name is important... It's only been 21 years since you posted. AND the posts will still be here if you continue to use the new user name.

I emailed you a new password to your hotmail account.... When you log in, please post here so I will know it's OK to delete your new account.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R Jones View Post
    Someday you'll have to explain why the old user name is important... It's only been 21 years since you posted.
    21 years? <shock> Billie Eilish, who just turned 20, wasn't even born yet! Where ya been?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R Jones View Post
    Someday you'll have to explain why the old user name is important... It's only been 21 years since you posted. AND the posts will still be here if you continue to use the new user name.

I emailed you a new password to your hotmail account.... When you log in, please post here so I will know it's OK to delete your new account.

Steve
    Thank you for the reset sent to my hotmail account. I have used that successfully and then of course changed it to another more complex one.

I've also responded via my hotmail account as backup to this response here.

Welcome Back

Thank y'all...

Where's I bin...

Here 'n there and elsewhere. Moved to Mac systems a while back, but realised one ought to be aware of/upto date re' M$-land OS too. I was at one time very up on '9x/ME and NT as most of olde posts here will attest.

My brother and assorted chums are all on Wndows and occasionally I get asked to solve a problem or three.

Perhaps there might be Mac section here too; and iPhone/iPads as well?

Thread Information