Need a Home Security System

Thread: Need a Home Security System

Need a Home Security System

Moderators: If I posted this in the wrong forum please move to the proper forum and please provide me with a link to the new post - Thanks!!

No need for audio. BNC connections is fine with me. No need for wireless. I don't need a doorbell camera. I have a small 1000 square foot house. Need 4 cameras. No need for PTZ. If no Hard Drive comes with it I have a new 4T hard drive I bought for my present security system which is Zosi H264 ZR04GN/00 Resolution 4CH 720P (I have 2 cameras) <--- it sucks!!
    It ran its course. The system is crapping out on me. The date/time keeps reverting back to July 2016 so it makes accessing recorded video very difficult to access. Zosi tech support is horrible because of their broken English replies. Totally frustrated with them.

No need for any alarms for intrusion such as thru doors or windows etc. Basically just be able to monitor the front and back doors and the driveway where our cars are. Pretty decent night vision/recording.

I don't need it to connect with anything like Alexa etc.

Would like preferably a system with tech support that is in the states because of language issues. Ability to access from PC/Laptop or phone to see each of the cameras. Only need about 4 cameras. Running wires not a problem such as BNC cords. Weatherproof cameras. Recording system DVR easy to understand and good GUI not like Zosi I have which is like an old DOS interface piece of sh$t. I have a monitor to hook up to.

I have two cameras now from my present system. If my new system can't use them I'm not worried about that. I was told by Zosi that any camera i buy would have to be AHD 720. I bought one but it don't work and Zosi can't figure out why even though it is a Zosi camera. They say my present HDVR system is discontinued. They gave me a firmware update but it did not do anything to help me.

I like purchasing from Amazon and I use Affirm to fund my purchases for payments instead of an outright purchase.

Don't know anything about H264 compared to H265 even if it really means anything. If just for quality of video - well my only concern is if someone messes with my cars or tries to take my snow thrower or my 3 ATVs I have in my yard; that is all I need to know.

Any help is appreciated. Suggestions??

Thanks!!

Getting U.S. based tech support might be difficult. I don't think there are any affordable U.S. made systems. Most systems these days want you to pay them a monthly fee to upload the video to their servers, which is not recommended because at that point you no longer own that video.

The Reolink 4 camera systems with local storage might be the best currently available. Note that you should have the main system and each of the cameras connected to a UPS to provide backup power, in case of a power cut or failure.

https://www.newegg.com/reolink-rlk8-...quicklink=true

https://www.newegg.com/reolink-rlk8-...veillance-_-12

Hey JDC2000-

Sorry for the delay of my response but for some reason I was never notified of a response to my post.

Anyway, yes, I know about ownership of video issue. Thanks anyway for telling me about it. My present system does record locally to a HDVR. I swapped out the 1.8T HDrive when it failed and put in a 1T drive and then bought recently a 4T HDrive for more recording room.

Meantime, this system has become very unreliable. Other than it being unreliable I was able to deal with it to some degree for my basic needs.

Yes, I figured finding a brand which has US based tech support would be very difficult to find.

I looked at your two suggestions. The first one is a bit out of my price range though. 2nd one may be a consideration though.

I'll have to do a bit more research i guess on some systems. This system just keeps defaulting back to July 2016 for no known reason. Even Zosi can't tell me why it may be happening. When it does the system won't allow me to review video that has been recorded because of the dates being all messed up. Urgh!! When I try and discuss it with Zosi support it takes 4 emails just for them to understand the problem and then 6 emails in response because of their broken English. It gets downright frustrating.

Thanks for your suggestions!!

The email notification system here is currently broken, so you will just have to check back periodically.

That system may have a bad BIOS battery that you can replace. It should also be on a UPS, which might also take care of the issue, unless the date changes without a power dropout.

What is your budget?

JDC2000
    Thanks - Zosi has offered me a new system at a discount. My existing four cameras will work with it. I also have a new hard drive (4T) for security systems so I will use that now. Since I am going to buy the new discounted system I won't worry about the BIOS battery but it does sound like it may have been the problem. I never thought of that.
    Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

Below is a link to a UPS that might prevent most power related issues and is not too expensive:

https://www.newegg.com/cyberpower-st...82E16842102335

Thread Information