Groups with Gmail - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Groups with Gmail

The alternative is to start a group within the web G-Mail. But how? Seems I can import a vCard, but only one at a time. Is there some way to select the entire group with OE AddressBook and paste into the g_mail contacts?

Links:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-impo...-gmail-1172008

https://support.google.com/contacts/...form%3DDesktop

Note that this may still not allow you to send bulk emails. You will need to test to see if it works.

Had a look at how to arrange a group on G-Mail but I cannot figure it out. From within Address Book, I can save as a CSV file, but that saved everything; cannot see how to save just the NHW Group. So thought I would do so using vCard, but that just saves a single address. Don't want to do that 60 times to get a G-Mail group.

Thought that the issue may have been a G-Mail thing, so tried again this week. but still, the group message would not go. Divided the group into two of around 30 each; one lot went, the other did not.

Worked on the 30 that did not go, and managed to get it to around 15 that would not send. When investigating those 25, I see that one address was entered twice, to gmail and to googlemail. Removed the googlemail and that 15 were sent.

Perhaps that was the problem all along; will find out next week when I send the next flyer.

I have to admit that I have not tried Outlook.com as fro more, single e-mails, my OE6 works just fine.

However, I have just tried to send another email to the road members (about 60 address) and it will not go. Cut the list by half, and the first half went. Resend the send halve and again, the error 0x800CCC0B message.

It understand that there is some kind of address conflict, but how do I find it? I don't want to copy and paste 30 individual mails, just to find one; I have better things to do with my time! Is there any way to find which address is causing the problem?

What I don't understand, if one address is wrong, surely that would be returned as undeliverable rather than everything no go. But what do I know?

I have tried to send from within G-Mail, but have no idea how to create a group.

Thanks and toodle pip

Is there some Verbiage that goes with the error code? Anything like: “Server or mail drop is busy” or "unexpectedly terminated"?
    But bare minimum, you need to at least LOOK at the email addresses on the ones that aren't being sent.
    If you're happy and you know it......it's your meds.

The only additional text is:

An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'Test', Account: 'Rex', Server: 'smtp.gmail.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 465, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x800CCC0B

It is not possible to find which address is causing the problem as the 60 are entered into BCC and the entire mail does not go.

I have sent the first half and that is OK, but the remaining 30 will not. Until this started to happen a few months ago, I had no problems with the sending to the group using OE6 and Google. I have checked the smtp settings and port numbers and they are correct and the same as Google suggest. And they are the same setting for every e-mail I send and they all go fine.

Your says-> SMTP, Port: 465

Mine says->
    SMTP, Port: 587

It is not possible to find which address is causing the problem as the 60 are entered into BCC and the entire mail does not go.
    If you don't have the time or patients to LOOK at the email addresses - HIRE SOMEONE. You know that 30 work....You or someone MUST LOOK at the other 30.

@gmail.com
    @hotmail.com
    those are two examples of GOOD addresses.
    @this/is/junk.XXX would be an example of a bad address.

@gmail.co that is missing the M would be an example of a bad address....

Sending emails five at a time would help narrow down the problem.

Tried 587 and nothing is sent at all. Even a test to myself, which give this message:

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'Rex', Server: 'smtp.gmail.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 587, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F.

I will check the individual address but what I don't understand, is that in the past, if someone had changed their address, my mail would go and I would receive an 'undeliverable' message for the specific rogue one.

in the past, if someone had changed their address, my mail would go and I would receive an 'undeliverable' message for the specific rogue one.
    Email protocols are constantly changing... especially in regards to how they deal with security, spam and erroneous/corrupted addresses.

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

Quote Originally Posted by fink View Post
    Email protocols are constantly changing... especially in regards to how they deal with security, spam and erroneous/corrupted addresses.
    DITTO..... AND, if the email address is Not Even Close to being a VALID Address, you'll see the types of errors you've been seeing.

There is a scene in Friends where Chandler is trying to get away from Janice without breaking up. He says he has been sent to Yemen and his address will be 1 Yemen Street, Yemen. I bet a letter would arrive.

That does not work in the digital world. If it ain't 100% right, then it ain't right at all.

One resident informed me a few moths ago, of a change of address. I managed to update my list but added a dot to the end, ***.co.uk. That dot was the culprit. Have done an initial test and it went to all.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Toodle pip

That's GREAT NEWS.

While I know zero about e-mail protocols or coding or whatever, I have no problem is I get the address wrong and recieve an 'undelerable' message. I do have a problem when that one mis-addressed message prevents ALL my e-mails from being sent.

It is a bit like finding society guilty due to one person committing a minor crime.

Thread Information