Windows 10 One Drive sign in taking too long.

Thread: Windows 10 One Drive sign in taking too long.

Windows 10 One Drive sign in taking too long.

Every morning when I turn on pc, after a while the One Drive icon comes out in Tool bar and just sits there signing in. Yes, finally it will sign in, but it just takes too long. I think there is a way to speed it up through right-clicking One Drive icon and going from there which I am unsure where to go next. Can anyone help me with that? Thank you. I have Wi-Fi to connect to internet.

How fast is your WiFi connection?

To find out, be sure you only connected via WiFi (unplug any Ethernet cable) first, then go here https://www.speedtest.net and press the bit Go button.

Post the Download/Upload speeds as well as the Ping time please.

SpywareDr
    You may not believe the slow speeds I have through ATT. Here goes: DL 13.74 mbps UL 5.11 mbps, Ping idle was 22, and 54 DL, 114 UL. I know it's slow, but I manage to DL fast enough the work that I need. I really don't need 200 mbps or higher for what I use it for. Thanks.

Try disabling One Drive from logging in automatically when Windows starts. There may be other processes running at the same time at boot that are slowing it down. Then when you actually want/need to use it you can log in manually and see if it's faster that way.

https://www.top-password.com/blog/st...in-windows-10/

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

Quote Originally Posted by fink View Post
    Try disabling One Drive from logging in automatically when Windows starts. There may be other processes running at the same time at boot that are slowing it down. Then when you actually want/need to use it you can log in manually and see if it's faster that way.

https://www.top-password.com/blog/st...in-windows-10/
    fink, I disabled-uninstalled OneDrive and then re-installed it again. It made no difference to signing in.

fink, since you are a mod, can you do away with me having to get permission to post and reply all the time. If I go back a few years, someone actually hacked my very easy password and probably typed something unpleasant in or about VirtualDr. I haven't a clue what it was either. All I know is that it wasn't me. Like I said, it's been years I think since I posted something here. Thanks for taking care of that and for your reply back to me. At the same time, I don't know anything about processes running that could be slowing OneDrive down from signing in. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehills View Post
    fink, since you are a mod, can you do away with me having to get permission to post and reply all the time. If I go back a few years, someone actually hacked my very easy password and probably typed something unpleasant in or about VirtualDr. I haven't a clue what it was either. All I know is that it wasn't me. Like I said, it's been years I think since I posted something here. Thanks for taking care of that and for your reply back to me. At the same time, I don't know anything about processes running that could be slowing OneDrive down from signing in. Thank you.
    I adjusted your account settings.

I'd still try at least temp disabling One Drive logging in at start up as an experiment to see if it still takes that long to log in a little while after the computer has booted.. wait 5 minutes. Win 10 and other programs all do check for things online like looking for and downloading updates at boot time using bandwidth and other resources... antivirus program, browsers, etc.

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

Have you tried performing a Clean Boot. If everything is working fine now you can keep it this way or, you can add one Startup item and/or Service at a time until logging into OneDrive slows down again. When it does you will have found your culprit.

Thanks fink
    About all I could do was to disable OneDrive. I don't have to login to use my pc. It's ready as soon as the system boots. Just several seconds. Even with OneDrive signing in I can start using pc right away.
    SpywareDr. Right now I don't understand about Clean Boot. I recently Reset PC and have a fairly fresh system now. Just read some on Clean Boot and can say that is one way to check things out. Thanks.

Thread Information