KAMO ?? What is it ?

Thread: KAMO ?? What is it ?

KAMO ?? What is it ?

Lately, I've been bugged by a program called KAMO, that has embedded into my PC. How it got there, I have no idea.
    Anyway, I went to clean it out of the registry, and even tho I signed in as administer, there are some files that I cannot delete.

It really bugs me when I cannot delete something that I don't want. Any suggestions? Thanks
    Where there's a will, there's a way

I'm guessing that you know this:

What is Kamo? Kamo is a privacy application designed to keep your identity safe from the latest online tracking techniques. It works by injecting fake information into the data that makes up your digital fingerprint. This action changes what information trackers and third parties can see about you.
    Was/Is there an UNinstall option?
    Do you see anything in Task Manager? If something is running - you won't be able to delete the files.
    If you're happy and you know it......it's your meds.

https://www.ccleaner.com/kamo

Just to add to what Steve has said.. it's made by the same folks that make CCleaner so it's not fly by night. It's also a paid for utility with a free trial so you probably have the free trial running. It may have installed alongside some other program you installed recently. In any case it should be easy to uninstall as suggested. Also have a look in your systray to see if it's got an icon showing there so you can shut it off before you uninstall it.

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

Thanks guys for all the info. I was not aware of it. It just showed up one day on the PC & wasn't really sure of its motive. Thanks again!!

I've been using DuckDuckGo privacy addon lately. Seems to work well, is pretty non-obtrusive and is free.

https://duckduckgo.com/app

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

I used to use DuckDuckGo also, a couple years ago. The only problem I had with it was, no mike access. I use a mike frequently when browsing, cuz I hate typing. Should have taken up typing when in school.......

Thread Information