iCloud.

Thread: iCloud.

iCloud.

Oh No!!!! Not him again.

I don't understand. I am using a pc and and the Neighbourhood Watch coordinator for the road. I send a regular email to around 70 address, a few of whom have an iCloud address.

Last week, all was fine, this week, all the iCloud accounts have been returned with a Message Blocked message.

I clicked the Learn More link but do not understand; TB account / Account Actions / Add Mail Account and the info required seems to be my existing information for Set Up Your Existing E-Mail Address.

Set Up Your Existing Email Address

To use your current email address fill in your credentials.

Thunderbird will automatically search for a working and recommended server configuration.

What does it mean? It's already set up; I don't want to screw anything up but uncertain how to allow iCloud addresses to receive my mails.

Evidently the internet is no longer designed for those with a few years on the clock. Oh for a simpler time!!!!

Thanks and toodle pip

PS: don't know if it makes any difference but I have a pc and a gmail account.
    Last edited by Rekusu; July 15th, 2022 at 07:10 AM.

What happens if you send just one email to one icloud acc't? Perhaps it's seeing multiple emails as spam attempts. Since others are still getting your emails then TB's account settings are fine.

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

I think that is exactly what is happening. I can send to individuals. In which case, how does one get round the 'assumed' spam if groups are involved?

Probably half the recipient have gmail address but there is no auto 'spam' assumption.

Instead of one group of 70, split them into three groups of 23.

That is one possible solution but in my opinion, rather messy and creates extra work that the whole idea of a 'group' is supposes to simplify.

I don't know if the problem is a Thunderbird, Gmail or a combination of the two barrier. Never had this happen when I was using OE6. But now that I have OE6 working again with an App Password, will see what the story is next week.

The problem is not Thunderbird or gmail, it is the iCloud email system marking your mail as spam. Many email systems do that to messages with a lot of recipients, without actually checking to see if the email is spam or not. There is not much you can do about it. Even if all of the iCloud recipients added your email address, it might still be blocked.

Thread Information