Send

Thread: Send

Send

What ho one and all,

With my old OE6, I created a mail and when hit 'send' it was send to the Outbox. I could assemble all that I wanted to send and open again to amend if necessary.

With Thunderbird, once the mail is (may be) finished, it is sent immediately, which can be annoying. i know I can save it as a Draft, or hit Cnt/Shift/Enter to send to the Outbox.

However, if I go to the Outbox, the mail is listed but I do not see any options to actually send it. I seem to have to open again to edit and hit send from there.

I did try the SendLater add-on but that assumes that everything will be sent to a schedule, which is not what I want.

Is there a Send button (or add-on) for the Outbox.

Not sure if this is in the above links but if you simply X close an email you're still working on it will ask what you want to do with it and it will get saved in a newly appearing "drafts" folder where you can store it and reopen it whenever you want.

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

Thanks for the links. I am not a happy bunny as OE6 did everything I wanted without any fuss. TB seems to offer more (which I don't need for my e-mail) but in my humble opinion, is not as user friendly. I'm sure the programmers would disagree, but what do they know?

FWIW, the initial release of Outlook Express was 13 August 1996 (26 years ago) and is now discontinued. The last stable release, 6.0 SP3, was released 21 April 2008 (14 years ago). You can read some of the criticisms here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outlook_Express#Criticism

Thread Information