Thunderbird Font Size

Thread: Thunderbird Font Size

Thunderbird Font Size

What ho one and all,

I have everything within TB est to html formatting. As I did with OE6. With OE6, within any message i was creating, I could alter the fonts size at will, including down to around 8 point.

With TB, that does not appear possible, or is it. I can increase the size but there is a limit to the smaller size, which is set by Tiny, Small, Medium, etc options. But small and tiny are the same with no reference to the actual font size as a number.

Is there a way to have a font size as most word processing program offer, rather than Tiny, Small, etc?

I have tried Google but all leads show either a global solution for all GUI fonts or Tiny, Small etc. rather than specific composition font sizing.

I don't have a specific solution but I've found that a lot of my issues and needs with TB were solved by looking for add-ons. There are lots. You might even find a solution to your other address book issue.

https://addons.thunderbird.net/en-US/thunderbird/

https://addons.thunderbird.net/en-US...ver=&platform=

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

Also in the TB toolbar:

Tools>addons and themes>recommendations is another place to look.

Note that some addons are only for older versions of TB.

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

How small a font do you want? Anything smaller than 8 point is not going to be readable by most people, especially on today's high-res large screen monitors, unless you are planning on including a Russian novel's worth of disclaimer info that you do not expect anyone to actually read anyway.

Thanks for the links.

I know I can alter the viewing font size by Cntl + Scroll but I am talking referring the actual o the created message font size. Tiny / small / normal is like T-shirt sizes which mean almost nothing without a specific numerical reference.

The RefProg-FontSizes link is interesting and at least it does have numerical reference.

These two attachments are what I mean. The first is from my now defunct OE6 (I would go back to it if someone hacks a OAuth2 fix) and the second is TB

Attachment 15681

Attachment 15682

What resolution is your monitor set for? The 8 point and Tiny size are much larger in the images you posted than they would be on any monitor I am currently using, and I am not even using a 4k or even a 2k monitor.

And what size is the user viewing this on? A bitty cellphone or an 96" TV screen?

You are right in that they are probably larger as I use Cntl-Scroll to enlarge the on-screen display. So there is probably a point that 8 point is very tiny!!!

As for what they are being viewed on, who knows? Just fired up Word and with a page size of 100%, checked the fonts size at 8, 10, 12 point.

Certainly 8 point is small but when printed, is around the same size as the font used in the newspaper.

Again, what you will see will depend on the printer, paper size and the settings.

Thanks. Seems to me, Mozilla will win on this one. If word processing programs can have point sizes for the fonts, why not TB?

Thread Information