Image Resizer not working

Thread: Image Resizer not working

Image Resizer not working

I have use this program from Brice Lambson since Windows XP. This program will resize a batch of photos on the fly from a right click dialog box, it saves it settings for the next use and will even delete the originals and replace them with a different size. Real easy to use to but not after I updated my Windows 10 to 21H2 the program says it can't resize the pictures and it can't find the pictures even though I am in the pictures and did my right click to get to Image Resize. I loved this program, I had to uninstall it. I deleted all the program entries, restarted and started over and reinstalled the version from the website and it still does the same thing.

I have been messing with it for 2 hours now and am giving up. Is there another photo image resizer that is as simple to use as this one that I can use. I tried Windows Store Image Resizer and it is not as friendly and takes more steps to deal with the pictures. You have to open the program first and then browse to the photos. It's just not like the easy program that I had.

Anyone have a better choice? I can use Paint but got to do one photo at a time. With the original Image Resizer I could do 100 photos at a time on the fly. Hassle!
    Note: My questions may be to help others
    Thanks, JB

Have you tried re-installing it in compatibility mode? Try using Windows 7 first.

https://www.lifewire.com/run-older-p...y-mode-4587064
    Don't believe everything you think.

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

No because it is on a Windows 10 download website.
    Thanks, JB

No because it is on a Windows 10 download website.
    ???

I don't understand what you're saying. Download it from where ever it's being offered and install it using the compatibility instructions in the link above. Or if you've already downloaded it then just follow the same instructions.

I downloaded it from Microsoft's website. Here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/powertoys/

I just found out that if I put the pictures on my desktop then they will resize. But when I go to from My Pictures and try to resize then I get this message. It's like it can't find my library of photos. Weird huh?
    Thanks, JB

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...ertoys/install

Since you now have it working I guess it doesn't matter but if you want to try to get it to work like it used to it's still worth a try..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Well I would like to use it like I used to from my Pictures library or Pictures(Windows 10). If I want to resize theme via desktop then I would have to put them on my desktop to do the deed. I'm going to try put a folder on my desktop and use it that way. I don't know if my folders are corrupted. My update could of caused this. I just would like to use it as normal.
    Thanks, JB

May be this website will be useful for you https://resizeimage.net/

Quote Originally Posted by 24techsupport View Post
    May be this website will be useful for you https://resizeimage.net/
    I tried that and could not figure out how that website worked. I uploaded an image and tried just to rotate but there was no apply and it did nothing. Tried to resize it and still no apply. I just want a program that I don't need the internet and that's why I liked that simple powertoy but don't want all of the powertoys. I put a folder on my desktop, called it random and here is where I put the images. From that folder I can resize and get on with business. Just strange that I can't go to My pictures>>some folder>>find a picture and try to resize it and it still gives me that same message that it cannot find the image. Even though I am looking at it, the word resize is in the dialog box. I have an older standalone powertoy version of Image Resizer on the computer without all the powertoy extras.
    Heck I have been using Image Resizer for over 15 years and now it won't do it in My pictures only on my Random folder. Seems to be a issue with Windows since it all started to happen after an update.

Maybe I will try Gimp on another computer to test out that program. I like something simple because I do many many photos at a one time shot and do not want to do one at a time.

Another other ideas? Thanks too.
    Thanks, JB

It's not obvious but at the bottom of the page there's a link to view or download image.

Thread Information