Monitor message

Thread: Monitor message

Monitor message

What ho one and all,

New monitor, Dell U2422H. Seems to be working just fine with DP from the Quadro P2000 GPU to the monitor.

But when I turn off the computer or put it into hibernate, a system message appears; No DP signal from Device, followed by Going into Standby.

What does it mean? Can I select something to remove the message as every time I see it, I tend to think something is not right?

That message just means that the monitor has detected that it is no longer receiving a signal from the computer, so it is going into power save mode. There may or may not be a monitor setting that you can change to turn off the message, but it is not hurting anything and is normal.

Thanks; guess I leave it alone.

Although on a similar mode, on booting, get the message, Scanning for Signal followed by No DP Signal from Device ... and then onto the desktop as normal.

Does this imply the GPU is slower to boot than the monitor? Not that it is a big deal, just annoying.

Yes, I get a similar message all the time. It's easy to ignore.

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

The monitor is already powered up. It detects that the computer is powering up, but is not yet receiving an image to display until the computer at least gets to the point where it is sending an image to the monitor.

Thanks. Pretty much what I figured, but I had never had this message with my previous monitor, which was connected by DVI.

Thread Information