Missing Codec

Thread: Missing Codec

Missing Codec

I have recently purchased an AKASO camera for use on trips on my bike etc., and when I want to see what I have been doing around the country I use a 'Scan Disk Ultra Plus 32gb'.

On my laptop and also on my Apple machine there are no problems and I can see the pictures perfectly well.

However, when I try to look at my films on my PC (which is my main PC) I get the following error:

“Missing Codec” This item was encoded in a format that's not supported. 0Xc00d5212

I made the mistake of using 'restoro' which I'm sure you know is something that is supposed to resolve this sort of problem. Well, believe me, it doesn't. Not only have I still got an error message, I also now have other gremlins that I didn't have before, But that's another problem for another day.

Can anyone hep me with the 'Missing Codec' problem so that I can watch my wife falling off my bike?

I am using a DELL Optiplex 7010. ssd 1TB

Olly

I would use Malwarebytes to see if Restoro has added any unwanted items, and remove Restoro.

For the videos, do you have VLC installed on that computer? If not, try installing that to see if it can play your videos. Post the file extension of the videos in question.

Quote Originally Posted by jdc2000 View Post
    I would use Malwarebytes to see if Restoro has added any unwanted items, and remove Restoro.

For the videos, do you have VLC installed on that computer? If not, try installing that to see if it can play your videos. Post the file extension of the videos in question.
    I have installed VLC and it works fine, so many thanks for that. I should have contacted you first rather than wasting my money on Restoro. Ah well, I'll have to spend another day in the coal mine (

I'll have a look at Malwarebytes too - many thanks again

CIAO

Thread Information