Problems,Problems,Problems

Thread: Problems,Problems,Problems

Angry Problems,Problems,Problems

I am trying to install a new copy of windows 10 on a 500gb SD drive that I had installed several years ago. I reformatted the disc, cleaned it with Diskpart. I am plagued by Dell interfering with anything I try to do. The PC is a Dell XPS-8930 & originally had a 2TB HD. It seems to have on board a

NIC-IPV4 and NIC IPV6. I disabled those in the Bios but it's not working. Not sure just what to enable or disable in the Bios in order to Keep Dell out of the install. I got win 10 installed once & the boot was for Windows 1 or Windows 2 ??? I have installed lots of windows 10 in the past & never had a dual boot unless I had a previous windows such as win7 or 8. I am at a total loss as how to proceed ???
    Where there's a will, there's a way

Quote Originally Posted by Razor View Post
    I am trying to install a new copy of windows 10 on a 500gb SD drive that I had installed several years ago. I reformatted the disc, cleaned it with Diskpart. I am plagued by Dell interfering with anything I try to do. The PC is a Dell XPS-8930 & originally had a 2TB HD. It seems to have on board a

NIC-IPV4 and NIC IPV6. I disabled those in the Bios but it's not working. Not sure just what to enable or disable in the Bios in order to Keep Dell out of the install. I got win 10 installed once & the boot was for Windows 1 or Windows 2 ??? I have installed lots of windows 10 in the past & never had a dual boot unless I had a previous windows such as win7 or 8. I am at a total loss as how to proceed ???
    I went ahead & installed windows & when I boot up, there's a choice of Windows Volume 1 or Windows Volume 2 and the Hd has been partitioned as:
    C, D & E. Why did this happen?? I have had other Dell PCs in the past & have never had this problem.

UPDATE: I think I may have resolved the issue...................

Thread Information