Malwarebytes Pro

Thread: Malwarebytes Pro

Hybrid View

Malwarebytes Pro

I have use this the pro version of malwarebytes for over 10 years and it has saved me more than once. I bought the lifetime version back when it was offered and it still works.
    I have spectrum internet which supplies F-Secure for free. I use both malwarebytes pro and F-secure on my computer and suggested it to a friend who just trashed his computer with junk. He also has spectrum.

I reset it for him and suggested he pay for malwarebytes pro also which he said do whatever I needed to do.
    You think both are necessary ? I don't want to be doing the reset thing anytime soon as it takes a long time.
    Thanks

It sounds like the junk problem is as much a user behavior issue as much as anything so it's hard to say how much adding Malwarebytes to the equation would help. It would help some certainly with warnings not to install problematic things as would the antivirus but really the owner of the computer would/should first need to learn safe computing habits.

Also worth noting is that installing Malwarebytes on Win 10 computers alongside an existing a/v program is now a bit more complicated because many a/v's will warn you not to do it even though the two programs almost always get along just fine.

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

Quote Originally Posted by fink View Post
    It sounds like the junk problem is as much a user behavior issue as much as anything so it's hard to say how much adding Malwarebytes to the equation would help. It would help some certainly with warnings not to install problematic things as would the antivirus but really the owner of the computer would/should first need to learn safe computing habits.

Also worth noting is that installing Malwarebytes on Win 10 computers alongside an existing a/v program is now a bit more complicated because many a/v's will warn you not to do it even though the two programs almost always get along just fine.
    I think they say malwarebytes is now also an anti virus program also. Like I mentioned I have used it for years with F-secure without an issue.
    Maybe I will just leave F-Secure on it and let it go. Like you mentioned we can't fix bad habits. Thanks

You could install the free version with instructions to run a scan a couple of times/month. Also a disc imaging program set up to make auto image backups weekly or monthly would make resetting the computer easier in case of further infections etc in the future.

Thanks Fink. I just let my friend have it. My time was limited . Like you mentioned it don't matter until he learns how to surf the web safe. Again, thanks for your help. Tom
    Last edited by tdark; April 16th, 2022 at 12:28 AM.

No problem. Keep well

Thread Information