[RESOLVED] Tranferring files ti iPad and reading them

Thread: [RESOLVED] Tranferring files ti iPad and reading them

Resolved [RESOLVED] Tranferring files ti iPad and reading them

My wife is undertaking to become a volunteer at the San Diego Zoo, and they have given her some material to use on her iPad consisting of PDF files on a flash drive. She got an adaptor which allowed her to transfer the files (supposedly) from her Win 10 laptop to the iPad, but then the chaos began.

She cannot find anything that allows her to locate and read the files on her iPad. She cannot assure that they are even there, let alone read them. She downloaded an app and has found something that refers to using iTunes, but she has had no luck with the app and can do nothing with iTunes other than access the store.

I know a little bit about Windows systems, but absolutely zero about iPad. Can anyone contribute any guidance that I can send her way as to how to access and utilize PDF files on her iPad?

I use Foxit PDF viewer in Windows and it's my favorite free program to do so. This site also recommends it for iPads/iphones.. She can drag/transfer the PDF files from the usb drive to a folder on the ipad for storage or just read them from the usb drive. I don't see any reason to install an app to move the pdf files from Windows to the iPad.. just transfer them directly via the usb/flash drive.

https://www.pdfreaderpro.com/blog/be...one-and-ipad#3

https://cdn2.hubspot.net/hubfs/26117/pdf/2019/Foxit%20iOS%20Guide.pdf

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

Thanks. That looks like it will work for her. I will check it out and let you know how it turns out.

My wife decided that particular application had too many negative reviews. People were saying earlier versions were great nut that current version was designed too heavily toward editing PDF documents rather than simply viewing them. It did, however, lead her to another application which she seems to be comfortable with and is working for her, so your suggestion was, in the end, helpful. Thank you.

Thread Information