OE6 (I know, it;s too old!)

Thread: OE6 (I know, it;s too old!)

OE6 (I know, it;s too old!)

What ho one and all,

My e-mail program requirements are not excessive; I just want plain vanilla, POP3 like OE6. I have tried other programs but they do not tick my box.

For my W7 install, I managed to find a 'hacked' version of OE6 that not only installed but is running pretty well. Has a few minor things missing, but no big deal.

The download basically, installed OE6 into a Program File folder and it runs from there. Does not appear to write anything to the reg.

Have been putting together a W8.1 install for my wife and she also want OE6 so installed the same. Again, it works as expected with one annoying exception.

Attachment 15641

It could be that the default language is Japanese, but all her Japanese e-mails are created and arrive correctly. However, when I changed the default language to English, this page stayed the same.

Any idea what the solution could be? It not mission critical, just damned annoying.

Thanks and toodle pip

Can you right click on the items and see a "Rename" option?
    If you're happy and you know it......it's your meds.

Tried that and no. They are the OE original folders (Inbox, Sent, Out, etc) and the rename option is not available. Created a new folder and that I can rename.

Tried to rename from the store location (which I have as a folder in D:/MyDocs) and although I can rename it there, it does not affect the OE display. I created an additional folder called test.dbx but that does not show on the OE drop-down. So guess there must be an additional location where the folder names are located for display, even though the folders themselves are in D.

If you change languages, you may have to re-install (or re-copy) the affected software (OE).
    The names may be stored somewhere in the OE files, but finding them might be difficult.

http://www.freeemailtutorials.com/ou...ok-express.php

Thread Information