Print colour

Thread: Print colour

Print colour

What ho one and all,

I have a Cannon MP640 printer, all inks full and the maintenance / head cleaning routine give a perfect print.

A friend asked me to copy some photos which I did with my DSLR, corrected in Photoshop and gave to him. He printed at the local store but was not happy with the text cut-off. So I thought to give it a try.

I have the defaults set to Photoshop Manages colour and the printer colour settings are off. Photoshop is set to sRGB. On screen image looks good (as does his shop print/ lower image), the printer preview looks OK, but every time the print arrives with too much cyan (top print)

Attachment 15629

This is not the first time and I waste so much paper trying to get it right, but the result is always the same; I give up!!!

What am I doing wrong?

Grateful for some suggestions as my paper waste costs are increasing.

Thanks and toodle pip

Thanks for the links; I have visited those property tabs in the software, and on previous occasions, made some adjustments, all to no avail.

Somehow, whatever I adjust, seems to make no difference to the print.

I do know what I am doing regarding Photoshop and having my monitor balanced, but when it comes to printing, it is a black art. Even when I was studying in the days of film and developer, colour printing was a complex process of test strips and various filtration.

Now it is more difficult with rendering intent, paper types, colour spaces and hardware profiles. Throw in ICC and ICM and to say I am confused is an understatement.

There must be a simple, default setting for Joe Average.

I currently have Photoshop to manage colour, with sRGB as the work space and glossy paper set. However, under W7 Settings/ Printers, Default PnP - Nvidia P2000 is set as the device under advanced colour management. Perhaps it should be MP640 printer with GL2 selected?

It looks more like a LIGHT/DARK type of setting issue than it does a too much cyan setting.

The right front fender is almost "washed out."

Color printing usually works very well to highlight a paper completely or precisely. This is usually a black and white print or a color print with an image replaced by a new color of text. It forms itself more beautifully in different color combinations.

Color printing is the process of reproducing illustrated material in color on a printed page. A four-color process is used to produce the full range of colors. A color printer is a printer that allows pages or other objects to be printed in color. Color TVs and other equipment, color printers have evolved over the decades to provide more sophisticated, high-performance results.

Thread Information