MS Office applications distort periodically

Thread: MS Office applications distort periodically

MS Office applications distort periodically

Hi,

I am experience MS Office programs distorting the view periodically. When the issue happens, its like the text in Office is over writing itself. I have attached two snips showing this behavior in both Outlook and Word. I have to reboot my computer to restore the proper behavior. I had Office 2019 and this was happening there. I just recently upgraded to Office 365 and the issue still persists so I'm not sure what is going on.

Any ideas as to why this is happening would be great, this is on Windows 10 btw.

tia,
    Dave
    Attached Images Attached Images

I am betting that this is actually a display driver issue. What video adapter is installed in your computer? Check Device Manager for details, or use something like Speccy to find out. Post the make and model here. Then, see if there is an updated driver from the manufacturer. Do not use the Microsoft supplied driver if you can get on directly from the manufacturer.

Ditto to what JDC said.... I wonder if there is any sort of pattern to the issue?!?
    If you're happy and you know it......it's your meds.

Also, I am assuming that this is on a system with just one monitor. If it is actually on a multi-monitor system, does this happen only on monitors other than the main monitor?

Hi All,

Thanks for the replies, I have re-installed the driver and am monitoring to see if it helps. Typically the issue occurs every couple of days so we should know soon if the driver reinstall addressed the issue.

Thanks for all the advice,
    Dave

If the issue only occurs after several days of computer activity with no re-booting, that also tends to indicate a video memory corruption issue, which might be fixable with an updated driver. I have had similar issues, all with one particular video card manufacturer. If an up-to-date driver does not fix the problem, a video card swap might be needed.

Thread Information