PC keeps hanging

Thread: PC keeps hanging

PC keeps hanging

I'm on Windows 10 and I use my PC to watch BBC iplayer. Recently, while I'm watching something on iplayer it will suddenly stop and I'll have to click the play arrow for the programme to start again. Sometimes I like to have the BBC TV news running in the background in one browser window while I'm doing something else in another browser window but just recently I haven't been able to do that; as soon as I move from the BBC tab to the other tab, the BBC tab stops running and will only start up again when I click on it, so making it the active window. Also recently my PC seems to have slowed down a bit. I've deleted all my temporary internet files but that hasn't made any difference. Has anyone got any advice please?

Have you looked in Task Manager to see what running processes are taking up the most CPU time? Are there any suspicious ones?

What happens if you use on browser (like Edge) for the BBC, and a different one (like Firefox) for other web sites? Do you still get the BBC vide stopping?

Have you run a scan with Malwarebytes?

Have you run Disk CleanUp?
    If you're happy and you know it......it's your meds.

Quote Originally Posted by jdc2000 View Post
    Have you looked in Task Manager to see what running processes are taking up the most CPU time? Are there any suspicious ones?

What happens if you use on browser (like Edge) for the BBC, and a different one (like Firefox) for other web sites? Do you still get the BBC vide stopping?

Have you run a scan with Malwarebytes?
    Thanks, I'll try those suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R Jones View Post
    Have you run Disk CleanUp?
    I'll try that, thanks.

Thread Information