[RESOLVED] MS Meeting software

Thread: [RESOLVED] MS Meeting software

Resolved [RESOLVED] MS Meeting software

I've got a half hour video meeting next Tuesday and I'll be using MS Meeting video conferencing. Had a look at it to do a test run on my tablet and it seems fine.. ran without problems from within my Chrome browser. Looks a lot like Zoom which I've used in the past.

This will be my first use of the MS program. Anyone familiar with it? And any potential problems to look out for? I have the option of running it in my browser or installing the program on my tablet and running it as a stand alone (free) app instead.

My main concern is my tablet is an older one (w/Win 10 early edition) and I've had a couple of issues with Zoom running in my tablet's browser and using up all my available RAM and freezing my browser when other conference members start sending me things like web pages to look at within the Zoom window. It's only got 2G RAM installed so it's a bit lean in that dept.

I guess my main question is which would be less resource needy.. the browser window app or the stand alone app?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/micr...o-conferencing

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

Do you have a Office 365 subscription or are you running the Trial version?

In the FYI category, if it'll help, I use an app called DroidCam that uses my cell phone for video... It also comes in Apple flavor.

Chrome a hungry app... I'd probably use the program. And or I'd try Edge that might work better with this MS App.

Do you mean Teams? It's basically like Zoom or Webex. I just use the browser option. I only joined the meetings; didn't share my screen.

Do you have a Office 365 subscription or are you running the Trial version?
    Neither.. doesn't seem to be necessary for what I want to do. I tried a test run using the browser version and it seemed ok.

Chrome a hungry app
    I'll experiment w/ FF and have a look at mem usage compared to Chrome.

Do you mean Teams?
    Yes, apparently I do. I'd only be sending my cam and audio. Not sure what they'll be sending me. It will be a one on one meeting.

Had the online meeting. Went well. There was some noticeable lag towards the end of it.. maybe a couple of seconds of delay but it didn't last too long and sorted itself out. I think the biggest obstacle this time was the wireless download speed of my crappy tablet. I measured it before the meeting at only about 7Megs/second up and down (on a 75/10M connection) my previous meeting was when I had a different ISP with a .5/.1Gigabit connection and much better wireless speed too.

I think my best long term solution will be to buy a cam for my wired desktop.

Yeah, I had a quick look yesterday. I was surprised at how cheap some were. Whatever I may choose to buy won't break any budget LOL. And it certainly doesn't have to be anywhere near HD... 480p would be quite adequate.

Just a short while ago you could find a cam....

I'm starting to research Dash Cams. Everyone is so sue happy that a dash cam could come in handy.
    If you're happy and you know it......it's your meds.

I've also had a Logitech C920 for a few years, and it's been pretty reliable.

Everyone is so sue happy that a dash cam could come in handy.
    My friend and next door neighbor bought a dashcam to use when she rents cars to travel back to her home town in Northern Ontario during the summer months. Last June she was cut off by some jerk at an intersection and damaged her and his car. He tried to claim it was her fault and then sued but the whole thing was on camera and it was clearly his fault. If I still owned a vehicle it's the first accessory I'd buy.

Thread Information