Remotely PC ON

Thread: Remotely PC ON

Remotely PC ON

While I am away from my house, I am planning to remote into my computer. In the case if there is a power outage, is there a way to turn my computer back on remotely?

I am not sure if there a hardware card that can accept WIFI commands or is this a BIOS setup thing? I was thinking of connecting it to a SMART-Plug but even if I power the SMART-Plug on, still needs someone to manually turn n the PC.
    Originally wanted Millenium Falcon as nick but there is character limitation.
    Falcon Speed = Millenium Falcon = Light Speed

You might be able to set a startup time in your BIOS. That would probably be the easiest thing to do.

There are Wake-on-LAN settings, but it can be a hassle to set up.
    https://www.howtogeek.com/192642/how...-the-internet/

Thanks MidKnyte.

Some BIOS / UEFI versions also have a setting for what to do after a power failure. You could check for that also. One final recommendation would be to put the system (and your Internet modem/router) on a UPS. That will prevent 95% of the power failures in most areas from shutting down the computer.

Quote Originally Posted by jdc2000 View Post
    Some BIOS / UEFI versions also have a setting for what to do after a power failure. You could check for that also.
    Thanks JDC, I will look into it. The other issue is if it crashed then of course it will not reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by jdc2000 View Post
    One final recommendation would be to put the system (and your Internet modem/router) on a UPS. That will prevent 95% of the power failures in most areas from shutting down the computer.
    Yes, currently, my modem, router, security systems and cameras are on the UPS. Adding my computer might tax the duration of the UPS.

Worst case scenario, I will have a friend or family come over and turn on the computer. I prefer not to have my security components, competing with my computer when it comes to the UPS. Thanks for the suggestion.

There is always the option for a second UPS. I have several powering various computers and network components.

Good idea

Thread Information