WINDOWS 10, HP PAVILION 9610 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WINDOWS 10, HP PAVILION 9610

Thanks again for the advice...to answer your replies and questions; The cd/dvd drive showed up in "unknown devices" briefly after the fresh install of Win10, but did not register in folders and would not read a disc or eject after boot. As for question 2: I can eject the drive manually with the "paper clip/pin" method, but it still does not register...as I stated earlier, it will "light up, and eject" during the start of boot...so it does function, and it worked completely with Win7. It seems to be an issue with Win10 on this older notebook. I can only install certain drivers, because it causes "glitches" and conflicts with Win10.

That laptop may be old enough that Windows 10 drivers are not available for all of the internal hardware.

One option might be to try a USB CD/DVD drive to see if you can boot from that and if it can be used when Windows 10 is loaded and running.

That could work. I use a usb hard drive, and usb flash drives that function and register properly with the notebook. I would really like to be able to use the built in cd/dvd drive, especially because I know it works, Win10 just won't recognize it.

Quote Originally Posted by jdc2000 View Post
    Where does the Unknown Device appear? Did you reinstall the HP motherboard drivers for the computer?
    Did you do the part about installing the MOBO drivers and any others that are available?

On the previous install, I installed all original drivers possible, but some caused "glitches" and "freezing". The original display adapter will not work with Win10, and I'm not sure which of the others were also causing problems. This is originally a WinVista notebook. Which specific drivers do you recommend I try? I can download most for Vista and even Win7, but will they work with Win10?

You would need the motherboard or "chipset" drivers.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebo...t/td-p/7040790

Make sure to save them for future use if they work, just in case.

Thanks, but that didn't work. Do you know the exact model number and manufacturer for the cd/dvd drive that is in the HP Pavilion 9610 notebook? With this information, I might be able to find a compatible driver.

See if that info is in the service manual:

https://www.manualslib.com/products/...0-1872604.html

Get the part no for the specific drive, then use Google to get the drive
    model no, then you can search for its drivers.

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

Thread Information