WebCam adjustments

Thread: WebCam adjustments

WebCam adjustments

What ho one and all and Happy New Year!

Not sure if this is the correct section but.....

Not big on Skype or Zoom, etc, and as my desktop does not have a webcam, decided to buy an eBay Chinese cheapie. On installing, the hardware added the driver and it does what it says on the box.

However, there is no software that I can find, and not only is the image a bit bright, but the colour balance is much too warm. I have been looking for third party freeware that will allow me to have basic camera adjustment but all I can find are programs that allow me to play around with the image in stupid way, that do not interest me.

Is there a basic webcam brightness / contrast / colour balance utility available?

Thanks and toodle pip

decided to buy an eBay Chinese cheapie
    This may be your problem.

However, there is no software that I can find, and not only is the image a bit bright, but the colour balance is much too warm.
    You cannot expect an eBay Chinese cheapie to have all of the adjustments that a pro-level camera would have while still achieving the price of an eBay Chinese cheapie.

There may still be a way to get some adjustment, but we would need to know the make and model of the camera. A link to the eBay listing where you found it might also be helpful.

Thread Information