[RESOLVED] Ring duration

Thread: [RESOLVED] Ring duration

Resolved [RESOLVED] Ring duration

What ho one and lall,

I have a Samsung Galaxy J5 and do not like the default ring tones. So downloaded an 'old fashioned' telephone ring that does what it says on the box.

However, it only cycles twice and I would like to extend the duration before the answer message kicks in. I did copy/paste on the computer to lengthen the ringing but when copied back to the phone, no difference.

I cannot find any setting to alter the ring tone duration; found an option with my provider, but again that has not changed the default.

Does anyone know how to extend the ring duration?

Thanks and toodle pip

The number of rings has more to do wit voice mail than it does ring tones. Look there.
    If you're happy and you know it......it's your meds.

It may also be a setting that your cellular provider controls, as Steve said, on your voicemail settings.

Thanks, I will check with my provider.

I have found some info, basically **61*(number)**(duration) then press the call button. Problem is, from the Google searching, the number is different on many results. Will have to find my privider's number and give it a try.

Gentlemen,

Thanks and done. You were correct in that it is the provider giving me the code to extend the time before voicemail kicks in.

Thread Information