MS OUTLOOK and GMAIL

Thread: MS OUTLOOK and GMAIL

Hybrid View

MS OUTLOOK and GMAIL

Google/GMAIL just crammed -> 2-Step Verification is ON for your account

down my throat affective Today. They gave me some notice but then I hoped that they forgot... 10am came around and Boom.

There doesn't appear to be any changes to my Android phone or accessing Gmail via Chrome Browser on my computer. Outlook on the other hand was another story.

Gmail hasn't liked Outlook for a long time anyway.... BUT, I ended up having to Create an "APP Password." They did that for me...all 16 characters and I used it to replace the Outlook Account Password.

Gmail told me to not remember the password and to not write it down?!?!?!?
    If you're happy and you know it......it's your meds.

AOL email did that to me earlier this year. Gave me an app password to use with my email client "The Bat" which I really really like and will not stop using. Was a major pain to get it working properly with the app password and convoluted instructions they gave me. If google does this now too I will be some pi$$ed off.

The password they gave me to use was also 16 characters plus spaces. No way I could possibly remember those randomly.

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

fink -

What is it that you like about "The Bat!" email client? I am looking for a decent one to use with one of my email accounts that can no longer be accessed using Calypso. I need one that can download email messages without duplicating them in the Inbox, since I usually leave the emails on the server until I get close to using up all available allocated storage on the server for the account.

Thanks.

I like it because it's very configurable. Layout and filtering in particular. Also it enables you to view all emails in text only for safety and it's very easy to switch between full html and text if you want to view the graphics etc in any email or you can selectively choose to view any one or any number of graphics in an email you're looking at.

It has a built in backup/restore function and will manually or automatically purge/compress program folders to keep disk space usage manageable.

I've never had it set up to leave email on the server after downloading so I'm not sure if it will do what you want in that respect.

Owner's manual: https://www.ritlabs.com/en/support/help/37/

Th
    eir user forums are also pretty helpful most of the time: https://www.ritlabs.com/en/forums/

Filtering choices:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Also, I'm using Version 6.8.8 which is a few years old so it's been updated a few times since then.

I experimented with one of my accounts and set it to leave email on the server for 2 days. I sent an email to it and downloaded it and then tried to download it again but it did not download the second time. I shut down the program and restarted it as well and again it did not download that email a second time.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks, fink. I may give it a try the next time I need to archive a batch of email messages. Thunderbird was duplicating them.

Fink, are you using an IMAP or a POP account?

I have 5 gmail and aol POP accounts. No IMAP.

I recall JPNYC telling us he used "The Bat". Maybe have a look way back in the mod forum and see if he had any specific things to say about it's function. He did say he liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R Jones View Post
    Google/GMAIL just crammed -> 2-Step Verification is ON for your account

down my throat affective Today. They gave me some notice but then I hoped that they forgot... 10am came around and Boom.

There doesn't appear to be any changes to my Android phone or accessing Gmail via Chrome Browser on my computer. Outlook on the other hand was another story.

Gmail hasn't liked Outlook for a long time anyway.... BUT, I ended up having to Create an "APP Password." They did that for me...all 16 characters and I used it to replace the Outlook Account Password.

Gmail told me to not remember the password and to not write it down?!?!?!?
    I also experienced the same issue. I was unable to trace my outlook password in Google Passwords. Google is supposed to save them, Right ???. Luckily, I used to keep my passwords in a separate doc which literally saved me the trouble. I suggest all of you guys to do the same. Don't rely on Google.

Thread Information