.robm virus

Thread: .robm virus

.robm virus

How are you? I have the ".robm" virus attached to several files. I have used several anti-virus programs to remove it, but I still need to completely restore my files without the ".robm" name, and without restoring my computer. Advice??? Thank you.

Unfortunately, we're dealing here with ransomware. As far as I'm aware of there is no known decryptor for this kind of infection. So, unless you have full, healthy backup, your only option is to reisntall Windows.
    You can also try to post here to see if there is any good news for this kind of infection: https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/for...support-topic/

Thanks. Anyone else have suggestions? I will completely format my 1TB drive, before I pay for any "ransome ware" virus. One of you must have a rightfully free solution? Thank you!

There have been recent updates and news with the ROBM virus. Does anyone know a decryption tool for this virus? I have found some, but they require a password to use them...any suggestions on how to decrypt my infected files? Thanks.

If any legit decryptor exists you can only find it at the link I previously provided.

A free decryptor may, at some point, be released. If you have any files that you do not have backups of, you could save them to a flash drive, in case a free decryptor does become available at some future date. I would not leave them on or restore them to your reformatted and re-installed system drive however. Also, now might be the time to consider implementing a backup program, both for your important files and for a system image, to prevent potential future data loss.

Thread Information