Change administrator on Microsoft account.

Thread: Change administrator on Microsoft account.

Change administrator on Microsoft account.

Hello,
    I have a problem with Windows 11. I got a new computer and for some reason it has my husband as administrator, same as the old computer. He had a Microsoft acct. My husband passed away in 2020. I can't use or do much of anything with Microsoft as I can't sign into Microsoft. I found a site that told me how to delete an administrator and make myself the administrator but that was for Windows 10...last step wouldn't work on Windows 11.
    Any advice . Is there any way I can call Microsoft?

HP PC Windows 11 Firefox browser

Thanks.

You can probably create your own MS Account from your phone. Then change the login on the computer.
    If you're happy and you know it......it's your meds.

Note:

When you create a new Mircosoft account, make sure you create it as an Administrator account. Once you have done that, and can log in to your computer using that account, you can then change your other account on the computer to be an Administrator account.

Quote Originally Posted by jdc2000 View Post
    Note:

When you create a new Mircosoft account, make sure you create it as an Administrator account. Once you have done that, and can log in to your computer using that account, you can then change your other account on the computer to be an Administrator account.

I managed to get an account as Co -administrator but they won't delete my husband's account until January 7th. Apparently there is a wait time in order to get an account deleted.
    Thanks you for your help.
    Texas gal

Thread Information