2 stage verification with Google

Thread: 2 stage verification with Google

2 stage verification with Google

What ho one and all,

I take photos for our local parish council and upload them to a Google Photos site for a few people (newsletter editor) to access. Only a few people have the log-in details because once onto the site, anyone is able to amend and/or delete the photos, which is obviously, a no-no!

The magazine editor set it up and it is her phone number that is the registered recovery,

Having just received a message from her asking if I was denied access to the account, I checked and it was not me. But I did find a Nov 19 message from Google that they are implementing 2 stage verification, so I followed the links and 'may be(?) it has been set up via a text.

But the next page showed her phone number. Presumably therefore, if I want to access the photo account to upload photos, the 2 stage verification will send the text to the editor's phone rather than mine?

As Google do have my phone number, but I access the account via my computer, I am uncertain if I have not locked myself out or not.

Does anyone have any advice.

Thanks and toodle pip

If the 2-factor verification is set up and is set to use text messaging, it will go to the associated phone number.

There is a way to get it to work for multiple users. See the link below. You may need the current owner to set it up if you cannot get in.

https://help.wfu.edu/support/solutio...et-up-authenti

Thanks for the link, useful. Will see if we can get it set up.

Thread Information