Windows made a duplicate of itself on D: when I did a clean install

Thread: Windows made a duplicate of itself on D: when I did a clean install

Windows made a duplicate of itself on D: when I did a clean install

So I just did a clean install of win10 from a usb. During the installation I split up the C: drive and created myself a d: partition. I normally do this when installing windows.

Now the install is complete, I see on both c: and d: full looking sets of files in programme files and windows.

I assume it boots from c: ? Is there a way to confirm this and delete the stuff on d:

thanks all. Not had call to ask a question round here in a long while.

Did you install Windows on a clean, newly formatted drive, or to a drive that had a previous Windows installation still on it?

Do you actually have a Windows folder on both drives?

As a test, you could save a test.txt text file created in Notepad to your Documents folder. See what drive it is on. That drive is likely to be the drive that Windows has started from, unless you moved the location of the User files. You can also check creation dates and/or last access dates for some files.

Thanks. I meant to do a clean install, but there was one there before and it looks like I accidentally installed to d:. Looks like I'll have to do it again. Still, doesn't take long.

Thread Information