Norton Lifelock 360 Question

Thread: Norton Lifelock 360 Question

Norton Lifelock 360 Question

Hi. I just purchased Norton Lifelock (Premium Package) and have a question. As I was setting everything up, I was prompted to download part of the package that protects my PC. Norton suggested uninstalling Malwarebytes and McAfee. If I uninstall those 2 programs will Norton Lifelock cover what they do? And what if I don't uninstall Malwarebytes and McAfee and install the Norton Program anyway? (Sorry if I misspelled any names)
    Thank you!

I would definitely uninstall McAfee as two anti virus programs will conflict and slow things down. Malwarebytes does usually run alongside most antivirus programs but lately I've seen a lot of them suggesting to uninstall it as does Sophos, the a/v that I use. I temp uninstalled Malwarebytes (free version) to get Sophos installed without warnings and get used to it and then reinstalled Malwarebytes despite the warnings and they seem to work just fine together.

Here is what Malwarebytes says about it:

https://www.howtogeek.com/230158/how...her-antivirus/

There are settings in the newest paid versions of it that make it more compatible with other a/v programs so they don't potentially conflict when you do a scan or one or the other finds malware. You still may get a warning from Norton though when you install it.

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

Okay, I will uninstall both and install the Lifelock. Then reinstall the Malwarebytes. Thank you for your help, it's always appreciated!

Thread Information