[RESOLVED] Gmail password

Thread: [RESOLVED] Gmail password

Resolved [RESOLVED] Gmail password

What ho one and all,

I have a Samsung Galaxy J5 with Android 7 on board.

Only really use the phone as a phone, but I do sometimes check my e-mail, but I don't send mails from the phone, only form my desktop.

Recently, received a Google message about an unauthorised attempt to open my Google account; it was not me, so I followed the advice to change the password. That now works for my computer, but not the phone.

Problem is, I cannot find how to upgrade the g-mail password on the phone. When I hit the Mail icon, a message appears that is already filled with my g-mail address and the cursor flashing on 'password' but when I attempt to enter the new password, it just clicks off and I am left with the 'Last Synced on Oct 30', message.

So my question is, how do I change the phone / G-mail account password?

Thanks and toodle pip

In theory and reality you go to www.gmail.com and change the password...

And if you did that on the computer you shouldn't have to go anything on the phone. BUT, you can still go to www.gmail.com and see what happens.

On the phone - SETTINGS-> Accounts->Manage Accounts->Gmail is another place to look.
    If you're happy and you know it......it's your meds.

I'm assuming the phone is connected to Wifi or Cell data. If not, do that first.

Instead of the Mail app, open the Gmail app. Open Settings. Tap your account name. You should get prompted to "Sign In".

It looks like this:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks and you are right.

Had a previous icon that was labelled E-Mail and that is the one that is (was) not working. Have tired the G-Mail icon and that takes me directly to where I want to be. Have therefore deleted the E-Mail icon.

Thread Information