Most corporate PCs can’t install Windows 11

Thread: Most corporate PCs can’t install Windows 11

Most corporate PCs can’t install Windows 11

Microsoft has issued many, shall we say, evolving requirements for Windows 11 — confusing people about which devices actually qualify — but now a study of 30 million machines worldwide reveals the answer: at least 55% of PCs used by businesses don’t meet Win11’s upgrade requirements.

Fewer than 1% of virtual machines can install Win11

For workstations that run virtual machines — such as VMware or Microsoft Hyper-V — “the news is grim,” says Dochy. “Only 0.23% of all virtual workstations have TPM 2.0 enabled.” Of course, these workstations could implement TPM passthrough, also known as vTPM, but that’s another project that would require modifications to many machines.

https://www.askwoody.com/newsletter/...11-study-says/

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

Probably at least half of the computers where I work will not support Windows 11. However, since Windows 10 will be supported until at least some time in 2025, that should not be quite as big of an issue. Windows 11 updates are currently not being installed even on the computers that can support it.

Most of my home computers do not support Windows 11 either. Until Microsoft decides to restore the user interface to something a little more usable, I will not be installing Windows 11 at home either, except for possibly on a new Alder Lake PC for testing purposes.

Yeah, by then or close to it there will likely be a Windows 12. Wonder what they'll do with Windows 13? So many superstitious people around. They skipped 9 with 8.1 so I guess there will be a 12.1 then 14.

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

Could you tell me please is Windows 11 better than win 10.

Windows 11 supposedly has more security features that Windows 10, but that does note necessarily make it secure. As for better, it is really just Windows 10 with some additional eye candy and bling-bling. It has actually removed some Windows 10 features that were quite useful. I would not consider it better than Windows 10.

"It has actually removed some Windows 10 features that were quite useful. I would not consider it better than Windows 10."

That's pretty normal for Microsoft, isn't it?

I don't think there is a difference, but maybe I still don't understand.

I'll post if I notice a difference! I just installed today!

There will be a Windows 12 released in 2024. No screenshots yet of any alpha versions that I know of. Windows 11 is essential for the new Intel 12th generation CPU's in order to get proper scheduling for their P and E cores. I recently installed Win 11 Pro 22H2 on two of my Alder Lake test PC's. It's faster than Win 10 but the GUI is a disaster unless you run an app to customize it to your preferences. A registry hack will restore the familiar right click menu that MS for reasons unknown decided to do away with. Build 22H2 also restores the snipping tool and the ability to create .txt files left out of previous builds.

Thread Information