how could I get W10 from W8.1 ? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: how could I get W10 from W8.1 ?

Quote Originally Posted by jdc2000 View Post

If you have a boot menu available at startup, you can select the boot device at that time without changing the boot order.
    "select the boot device" and "changing the boot order" it seems to me the same thing, unless, and i'm quite sure of it, there was some progress I've been missing.
    thanks

"select the boot device" is a one-off choice to select the boot device from all available. "changing the boot order" sets it for every boot.

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

Quote Originally Posted by fink View Post
    "select the boot device" is a one-off choice to select the boot device from all available. "changing the boot order" sets it for every boot.
    Thanks Fink
    To upgrade from 8.1 to W10 would be better to disable "secure boot" ? Or so it is suggetsed.
    I gather that After disabling Secure Boot and installing other software and hardware, you may need to restore your PC to the factory state to re-activate Secure Boot.
    But in this instance, in which I'm upgrading to W10, it would be useless to restore to factory state?
    Unless I was not doing a clean install?
    Thanks again.
    Last edited by cima2003; December 1st, 2021 at 10:09 AM.

Try the upgrade with Secure Boot enabled first.

[QUOTE=jdc2000;1565401]On the Windows product key, if you have not re-installed Windows since the computer was set up at the factory, then the key should be whatever is on the label or document that you received. The key sequence would not be all numeric digits. I would save whatever information you have anyway, just in case.

Coming up to my mind back in may the start button on my Lenovo gave up and not knowing the exact failure, I had to take it to a store that said I had to change the all case, and so it put a new.
    What I am afraid is that the guy could have taken the Product Key and used to refurbish some PC, since that is what usually happen when they offer to you OS's at less than 1/2 the price. But than you can't get updates/upgrades because the key don't match.
    There is eventuality the possibility getting back to W8.1 in case that was the case, and how you do that, there are 10 days to get back I think, but how you do that? The procedure will ask you if you like to get back once W10 was a failure?
    Thanks

Thread Information